Thursday, January 11, 2018

Applesauce Banana Bread (made into muffins)

Happy Thursday everyone! 

On Tuesday, I shared that I had tried my first new recipe of 2018(the Crockpot Vegetarian Minestrone). Well, I also tried out my 2nd new recipe of the year this week-- I made Applesauce Banana muffins. 

As I was perusing blogs the other day, I came across a recipe for Applesauce Banana Bread which was shared by Belinda on her blog Frugal Workshop. I had 4 bananas that were very ripe (past the stage that my kids would eat them) , about 1/2 cup of homemade applesauce in the fridge from dinner the other night, and I was in the mood to make something homemade so I decided to give it a try. I, of course, decided this at 10PM when I should have been getting ready for bed. LOL Due to the timing, I thought why not try to make them into muffins (which my kids prefer)?



I followed Belinda's recipe for the most part-- the only difference was I only added about 3/4 cup of sugar, instead of the full cup. I also used homemade cinnamon crockpot applesauce that I had frozen in the fall. I made 24 muffins and baked them for 16 minutes.


They turned out PERFECT! I am picky about my banana bread recipes and this one is a WINNER! So yummy! So glad that Belinda decided to share. 

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of your Thursday! The weekend is right around the corner. :-) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm always on the look out for a new muffin recipe! May I link this on my Sam's Kitchen page on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Rachel. I'm so glad yu enjoyed the muffins.:)

    ReplyDelete