Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Final time on the beach and in the pool

I am currently recapping our 2018 family summer vacation to Indian Beach, North Carolina. To see the previous days please visit: 

____________________________________________________________________

When we went to bed Friday night, I checked the weather forecast for Saturday and it was supposed to be perfect weather for our last full day in Indian Beach. We decided to spend most of our time on the beach and to just really enjoy the area. 

We woke up to see a couple large ships in the distance. I love seeing boats out on the ocean. 



After breakfast, we headed down to the beach for several hours. It was so fun and very relaxing. Bill and Rebecca caught TONS of fish and small crabs. We saw several brown pelicans fly over. It was a very fun morning. 









After coming in off the beach, we decided to head to HWY 55 for lunch as it had been our favorite restaurant there. We again fed the turtles and then headed to a couple shops to pick up some souvenirs. I wanted to get a candle and some salt water taffy for my friend who graciously agreed to come over and feed the cats and the fish while we were gone. 






Once we got back to the condo, we decided to head down to the pool for the afternoon. Benjamin was being a brat and didn't want to go into the pool, so I spent most of the time in the pool with Rebecca and Jacob while Bill sat with Ben. 





After dinner, which was a little of this, a little of that, whatever was left in the fridge, we decided to take one last walk on the beach. It was a beautiful night and lovely to walk with the family! At the end of the walk, the boys started sobbing that they didn't want to leave










Once we came in it was time to start packing up everything so that we could head for home in the morning. I got everything packed up and cleaned up as much as I could. The kids went to bed at their normal time. Bill went to bed shortly after so that he could drive the next day. I made it to bed after 1AM as I got everything packed up and ready to go. My alarm was going to go off way too early after I went to sleep....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had such a fun time. I can certainly relate to not wanting to leave a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete