Saturday, July 7, 2018

It's been a hot, humid, busy week...

Last week I did a summary of our week on Saturday and I think it worked out pretty well. I did some posting this week of our vacation activities, however, I still want to be able to remember our day to day life as well so I want to do another "Week in Review" type of posting. So what happened this past week?

On Sunday, I took the kids to church, then the kids and I headed out to Utica to Miller Park for a birthday party for my nephew Alex. He turned 11 during the week and we were getting together for cake. It was HOT, however the shelter house at the park added some coolness. The kids had fun playing on the playground equipment. 












On Monday, I had some tutoring to do. Then I took the kids outside to play with our neighbor's grandson. They had a water gun/ water hose fight. Bill took Ben to speech and I stayed home to cook dinner. While dinner was cooking, I developed a monster headache that turned into a migraine. I went to bed right after I finished cooking dinner.

On Tuesday night we took the kids out to the Kokosing Gap Trail at Kenyon College for a walk even though it was very hot. We left around 7:15PM and the heat index was still over 100 degrees. We only walked for 2 miles. Then we stopped at Wendy's for Frosties. We were going to stop at a local ice cream shop but after driving by 3 of them and seeing the lines out the doors, we settled on getting a Frosty. 







Wednesday was the 4th of July and we celebrated it with a cookout at my parents' house. It was a day of good food, family time, Summer rains, and badminton games. We got back to our town just as the fireworks started so we pulled into a local business and watched them. 












Thursday, I watched our neighbors "grandson" again. The kids had fun playing UNO. I then tutored all afternoon. It was a very tiring day!



Friday, I had several errands to run...including Jacob to the doctor, Walmart, and the post office. Then we came home and I spent time cleaning the house. I deep cleaned both bathrooms, kitty boxes, my van, Bill's van, the mud room, and did several loads of laundry. Bill came home from work and told me that I looked exhausted. HAHA.

Today, I have another long to do list. I have to make 2 cakes for a graduation party tomorrow. I also want to deep clean our art carts and the built in cabinet in the dining room.  So I should probably get off of here and get started. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday! 

2 comments:

  1. Whew! Just reading about your week wore me out. You sure accomplished a lot though. Makes me feel lazy as I sit here procrastinating on mowing the lawn. Hope you have a great weekend and find some time to relax in it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week!
    Remember when weekends were just for fun and frolic? I love hearing kids who want to grow up so they can do whatever they want!

    ReplyDelete