Monday, July 30, 2018

My first annual 39th "bithday"

Saturday was my first annual 39th birthday. We have a joke going around that it was my "bithday" as that was what was written on my cake. (More on that in a minute)…


For my birthday, we took a family day on Friday and did what I wanted (for the most part). Bill had the day off and I had no tutoring sessions scheduled so we went up to the Mansfield area for the day. We went to the Kingwood Center Gardens, The Ohio Bird Sanctuary, the Buckeye Express Diner for lunch and then played mini-golf at Der Dutchman. (I will review each of these later this week)We got home later in the afternoon and I just made frozen pizzas for the kids for dinner as Bill and I were both still stuffed from lunch. The kids watched "Mr. Popper's Penguins" for their movie night, while Bill and I had a chat. He had been in a mood all day and we had a heart-to-heart about some things. 

On Saturday, my actual birthday,  Bill worked in the morning and was really feeling off for most of the day. He had a situation at work that really threw him for the loop and was really stressful for everyone including me. It made the day have a cloud over it. However, I wasn't going to let it spoil my day. 

In the afternoon, we packed up and headed out to my parents house for a tent campout and cookout. The weather was perfect. Warm but not too warm, not humid. Overall just a nice night. Funny story...my sister was home from college and we decided that we needed to do a shot of Bailey's together. So we get our shots and drink, and just as I go to swallow my mom and sister started talking about something online and let's just say that I started laughing and showered my sister's white shirt with Baileys. LOL 


We had a nice cookout- hamburgers, hot dogs, fruit, chips and lots of alcohol. LOL. My parents had gotten me a cake from Kroger and they asked the deli person to write on it. Well, apparently this little old lady was working and she was so excited because she had never written on a cake before. She did a great job, except she forgot the r in birthday. My mom said that she noticed immediately, but didn't want to ruin this worker's excitement so it became my 39th "bithday." I had no problem with it! I didn't even have a problem blowing out all the candles! LOL



My sister got me chocolate and booze for my birthday. 



My parents got me chocolate and booze for my birthday as well! LOL



I think they were trying to tell me that I need to relax a little. 

Soon it was time for smores over the firepit and just having fun. We were all in our tents by 1 AM.






Sunday, we stayed long enough to take down the tents and clean up. We headed home around 1 and stopped and got Wendy's for lunch to bring home. Then I took a shower and ended up taking a 3 hour nap. I guess I needed it. LOL 

Overall, it was a very good birthday and a great way to celebrate my first annual 39th birthday!  

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday on time! I guess you are following the old Jack Benny deal. lol
    Chocolate and liquor.....can't beat that or bday presents. 8-))

    ReplyDelete