Friday, July 6, 2018

Ben sick, Storms, Ice Cream, and the Pier

I am currently recapping our 2018 family summer vacation to Indian Beach, North Carolina. To see the previous days please visit: 
Day 4: Beach time, a funny story, pool time and ice cream

______________________________________________________________________

Wednesday night, Bill and I had decided that Thursday morning we were going to head out to Fort Macon at the edge of the island and then head into Beaufort to visit the North Carolina Maritime Museum and to have lunch at Clawson's. Well.... Ben had different plans. 

He woke up not feeling well. He kept saying his belly hurt. We originally thought it was just leftover emotions from the day before when he threw a fit about the wind. However, he proceeded to throw up shortly before we were getting ready to leave. I told Bill to go ahead and take Rebecca and Jacob and I would stay back at the condo with Benjamin. So he left with the older two and Ben and I settled in to spend the day at the condo. I did the laundry and Ben laid on the couch watching cartoons. I also sat out on the balcony and read my book and took in the scenery. I did get Ben to walk down to the café with me so that I could grab some lunch to go... I got their popcorn chicken which was really good! 





At one point I had to laugh because Ben yelled out "Mommy there is a person in the sky." I thought he meant there was a person on a hang-glider. Well I looked outside and there was a kite that was just legs. It was a little strange but a lot funny. 




Bill, Rebecca and Jacob had fun exploring Fort Macon; although, Bill said that the statues in the different rooms freaked Jacob out and he didn't want to go into the rooms. They had a nice lunch at Clawson's and enjoyed their time with each other. 







And like many of the days there, storms started rolling in in the afternoon. Bill and the older kids got back just as some pretty nasty storms were rolling in. Jacob and Ben both cuddled up with Bill as the thunder rolled outside. 






Thankfully, shortly after the storms blew through, Benjamin started feeling better and wanted to eat a little. We decided to take a chance and head out to the pier that night to see if we could see some sharks. But first, it was on to The Sweet Spot for some ice cream. I got their unicorn ice cream! Yummy! 








Then it was off to the Bogue Inlet Pier










We saw several people catch some baby sharks and we saw several sharks in the water that were definitely NOT babies. We did see a tiger shark that was about 5-6 feet long in the water. Makes you think about the animals that you are swimming with.




The kids enjoyed the pier and loved seeing the sharks. Since it was late, we headed back to the condo to dream about sharks and ice cream! When we got back, I did have to take a photo of my hubby in his full on "I am on vacation outfit." LOL




After the kids were in bed and everything was cleaned up, Bill and I headed to bed too thinking about what we wanted to accomplish in our last 2 days in Indian Beach. 

2 comments:

  1. The sharks sound quite scary. I'd be close to shore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Ben got better. My friend told the same story, but it ended with an emergency appendectomy.

    ReplyDelete