Monday, July 23, 2018

Randomness:: Camps, Ghosts, Weirdness, Shark Week

Waiting on meatballs to bake so I thought I would hop on here for a few minutes...this will probably some sort of random post. :)



After 2 weeks of day camps for the kids, I am happy that this week we are kind of back to normal- with whatever normal is. LOL. Speaking of camps, Jacob had his last week and he loved it. His was called "Simple Machines" and they learned about machines like pulleys and levers, etc. He came home everyday describing what they had built and ready to show Ben and Rebecca how they worked.

On Friday night, we went out to our friends' horse farm for what was supposed to be an overnight campout. However, that turned into a sleepover as there we got some rain overnight. It was all good though. The most memorable things that happened were that Jacob and our friends daughter both got stung by a wasp as we were heading out to make smores around the campfire. Jacob got stung in the eyelid and on his hand. Audrey got stung on her hand. Thankfully, they were both okay with only a little swelling. Needless to say smores were enjoyed inside!

Also that night I heard their ghost. They live in a very old house that once was a railroad building. The railroad ran right behind their house. Around 3AM, I was awoken because the sounds of the bugs had completely stopped. (They live out in the country so it is loud with nature at night and they don't have a/c so all the windows were open) Then there was a rhythmic tap, tap, tap sound that continued for several minutes like metal upon metal. At first it was weird and I thought if it was something bad that the horses would start whining or their dog would go nuts. However, other than being curious I was never scared. After a few minutes it stopped, then started up again for several more minutes. Then it stopped and the bug sounds started up again. That morning, I figured out it was the "railroad ghost" and mentioned it to my friend. She said she wasn't surprised and that he usually made himself known when he was happy that there was life and love in the house. She was happy that I had heard him. :)

Today has been kind of an off day for me. I have just felt...blah but wanting to get something done but not really knowing what direction to take. It has been weird.

This week is "Shark Week" and Discovery Channel and I LOVE shark shows. I watched some last night....I did not like their premiere with Shaq. It was awful. I turned it off after 15 minutes. It was stupid and just bad. I turned the TV back on about an hour later, to see the fighter Ronda Rousey training to swim with sharks and to "face off" with a Mako. That was more interesting to me. The kids want to watch the show tonight that features a couple football players.

Well the oven just beeped so I will wrap this up. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

4 comments:

  1. As hot as it is down south here in Alabama, I always crack the window open just a bit when I go to bed at night because I love the bug sounds. I think if they suddenly stopped, I would be a little freaked out. Glad it was a friendly ghost and not a mean one, lol. I had hoped to make some shark rocks for Shark Week, but I never got around to it. I guess there's still time. Maybe I'll try and do a couple today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the wasp stings, yikes! Glad the ghost was friendly. LOL, I loved the Shaq premiere. Of course, we don't normally get to see it (no cable) so it was a treat for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I have talked to said I should have given the Shaq special more time as it seems I am the only one it bugged. LOL

      Delete