Monday, April 18, 2011

Grocery shopping and menu planning--a little late....

After having a really good week grocery wise last week, I didn't do so well this week. But it was not all my fault.

I went to Aldi with the intention of getting everything there...however, they were out of almost all my essentials that I needed. They were out of most of the produce, waffles, bread, hamburger buns, etc. I was NOT happy. They were so busy too. It seemed like they hadn't got a shipment in or something. I wasn't the only one who noticed that they were out of a LOT of stuff. It was annoying.

So then I went to Kroger and broke the budget again. sigh....

However I have decided to cut back and use up what we have for the next 5-6 weeks. We are looking to move at the end of May and I don't want to move a lot of food. So I will be getting into a self imposed pantry challenge (more info coming soon!). So hopefully this was the last week of high spending for a while.
Anyway, here is what I bought this week....


Aldi: total spent $21.14

Kroger: Total spent $79.75
So the total numbers this week are:  $21.14 + $79.75 = $100.89 (over budget by $25.89) sigh....

Now on to this weeks menu:



Monday: chicken nuggets and mixed veggies

Tuesday: Clean out the fridge---leftover chinese food, pot roast and veggies, spaghettios

Wednesday: grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, corn, peas

Thursday: manwich sandwiches and green beans

Friday: macaroni and cheese, veggies

Saturday: pizza/ or spaghetti (not sure yet)

Sunday: Easter dinner
For more great menu ideas visit http://orgjunkie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment