Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D is for....DIET


D is for diet...

I am on a diet.

I have been on a diet for the last couple months.

Quite honestly, I have diet fatigue.

I am really trying to eat better and exercise and lose weight. The last time I was at the doctors before the new year, I weighed in at 218 lbs. (YIKES). He asked me what I thought a healthy weight was for me? I replied that I wanted to get down below 200. I weighed 199 when Bill and I got married and I would LOVE to be back in the 190s at the highest. He told me that was a good starting point for me. And I have been trying. I have been trying to eat better and exercising at least 5 days a week for 20-40 minutes.

However, over the last couple weeks I have started to experience diet fatigue. I am TIRED of calorie counting. I am TIRED of prepping fresh fruits and veggies for eating. I am TIRED of not having chocolate or snacks. I think I swung too far to one side and I need to find a balance. The last week has been really hard because I WANTED chocolate and sweets. I will admit that I overeaten chocolate and sweets and am not sure how to reign it in again.  I am not sure what to do or how to go about this change. I just have had NO motivation.

I need to change things up and I need to get back on the diet and exercise program so that I can live better one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Opal! Thanks for being my newest follower!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete