Monday, December 5, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday (12/05/16)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is getting into the holiday spirit. We had a low key weekend, which was just what we needed. I was able to bake cookies on Saturday and a brownie on Sunday. I spent some time with the kiddos and watched some football with Bill. Overall, it was a nice weekend.
   
Now it is Monday and time to get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday (hosted by our friend Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom).


THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:::

Not too bad. Right now it is cloudy and about 35 degrees. Later in the week it is only supposed to be 23 degrees as the high temperature

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:::

I had sausage and cheese biscuits that I warmed up in the microwave and a banana.

  
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:::

I see leaves on the ground, Christmas lights hanging from the top of the porch, and just brown and dreary yards.   


RIGHT NOW I AM:::

Typing up this post, listening to "Octonauts Christmas" on the TV. I am also thinking about my to do list and what else I want to get done this week
 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::

The house isn't in too bad of shape. The dining room is pretty clean as the kids actually put their breakfast stuff in the kitchen before they left for school. There are a few toys out in the living room that Ben is playing with.

ON TODAY'S TO-DO LIST:::
  • Clean the downstairs bathroom
  • Laundry (At least 1 load)
  • Collect trash from around the house and take to curb
  • fold and put away all clothes 
  • make grocery list for this week 
HAPPENING THIS WEEK::
Monday: Kids to school. Get housework done, Ben has speech and OT. I tutor. Read about St. Nicholas with the kids and place shoes by door before bed. Fill said shoes. 
Tuesday: Kids to school. Aldi for groceries. Take back clothes to Walmart. Tutoring. Jacob and Rebecca Christmas program.

Wednesday: Kids to school. Tutoring.
Thursday: Kids to school. Tutoring. Rebecca basketball pictures. Jacob wrestling. 
Friday: Kids to school. Kroger shopping.
Saturday: Having friends over for pizza and Christmas movie. 
Sunday: PSR. Church. Take kids to see Santa. 

CURRENTLY READING:::


This weekend, I read



ON THE TV :::

Having fun watching the classic Christmas shows, like " A Charlie Brown Christmas," etc. Hoping to maybe watch Rudolph this week.

ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::

Monday::  Turkey enchiladas
Tuesday:: Sloppy joes and tator tots
Wednesday:: Spaghetti and meatballs

Thursday:: Chili and grilled cheese

Friday:: Ham slices, augratin potatoes, corn
Saturday:: Pizza and salad

Sunday:: Chicken and cheese casserole, green beans


WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:::


I need to make a list of what baking I need to do through the next few weeks.


LESSON LEARNED  THIS WEEK:::

I am really trying to balance doing the chores that need to be done and spending time with my husband and kiddos. There will always be housework, but the time of my children's youth is fleeting. 

FAVORITE PHOTO FROM THE CAMERA:::

  
PRAYERS, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE, OR DEVOTIONAL:::




So there you have it, a little peek into my life on this December Monday! Hope everyone has a great Monday and a wonderful week!




    


1 comment:

  1. I love the classic Christmas shows but we've been having fun finding some of the more quirky Christmas shows on Netflix as well. Sounds as if you are really enjoying the season. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete