Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Evening

If our Christmas morning and afternoon were great, so was our Christmas evening. 

After I had finished all the rolls, we packed up and headed to my mom and dad's house for Christmas dinner. 

More gifts at Nanny and Pappy's house

We got there around 4 and were greeted with our extended family-- my mom, dad, sister, brother, brother's girlfriend, other brother, his wife, 2 nephews and 1 niece. Add in our crew, and there were 15 of us there. It was loud and crazy and wonderful. 

When we arrived we discovered that my sister Mary was in bed sick. She was throwing up and had a fever. I went in and told her Merry Christmas and she told me "F You!" because she thought she had caught the stomach thing from us. I take it all in stride though, as she and I have a special relationship. 

After some of the chaos, my mom corralled everyone into the living room to open presents.

Jacob opening his sports cards-- there are thousands there

Ben

Chaos


The kids were spoiled and received many lovely gifts. Rebecca received some new boots (both dressy and winter), books and some shopkins gifts. Jacob received a ton of sports cards, mini football helmets, and a new pair of winter boots. Benjamin received a Star Wars figure, Chewbacca pajamas, and several other Star Wars related gifts.

Bill and I were also spoiled and received nice items as well, including restaurant gift cards. Bill also received a couple dvds that he wanted. I received some bath and body works shower gels and body sprays as well as a mini ipad. 

After everyone opened their gifts, we settled in for a yummy Christmas dinner. (Well some of us did, the men came in after the Cavaliers basketball game was over!)

My dinner plate

kids table

After dinner, it was time for our annual family pictures (otherwise known as my mom wants pictures of everyone!).

The boys

The girls

Selfie with my mom making rabbit ears

Me and my brothers and sister

Our family

My brother and his family

My mom and dad

Then it was time to head home, exhausted from the fun day and basking in the glory that was Christmas 2016. I understand that we had a wonderful Christmas and I feel very blessed to say that this holiday was wonderful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment