Monday, December 19, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday (12/19/16)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is ready for Christmas! I can't believe that it is less than a week before Christmas. This weekend was okay... Friday night and Saturday we had a freezing rain storm that left things a mess. My sister came over on Saturday to help the kids make cookies for teacher gifts. Saturday night Benjamin started throwing up and was sick on Sunday as well. Sunday, I spent the afternoon wrapping presents and am completely done! My dad took Rebecca and Jacob to see "Moana" in the theater. We took Benjamin out to the Dollar Tree to pick out gifts for his brother and sister. Overall, it was an okay weekend. 
   
Now it is Monday. Hubby is home sick (I think he got what Benjamin had). Benjmain seems better today. I am praying no one else gets it before Christmas. Now it is time to get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday (hosted by our friend Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom).



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:::

It is sunny today but cold! The ice we got over the weekend isn't going anywhere. It is so thick...

ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:::

I had a doughnut from Kroger.

  
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW:::

I see ice on the ground. The sun is making is sparkly.    


RIGHT NOW I AM:::

Typing up this post, listening to Ben asking his dad to put something on the TV. I am also thinking about my to do list and what else I want to get done this week
 
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE:::

The house is in pretty good shape. There are toys in the living room floor, but the kitchen is clean and the dining room table is pretty clean.

ON TODAY'S TO-DO LIST:::
  • Laundry (Only have 1 load! I got everything caught up over the weekend! )
  • Collect trash from around the house and take to curb
  • Address and mail Christmas cards. I am so late on this this year. I have mailed off my card swap ones but still have to mail family and friends theirs.
  • take Benjamin to speech and OT
  • make pretzels hershey kiss candy for teachers 
 
HAPPENING THIS WEEK::
Monday: Kids to school. Get housework done, Ben has speech and OT. Grocery store 
Tuesday: Kids to school. Have them take their Christmas presents for teachers. Jacob has wrestling and wrestling pictures.

Wednesday:
Thursday: Jacob wrestling. Make kolacky.
Friday: Make Christmas sugar cookies with kids.

Saturday: Make poppy seed roll. Christmas Eve-- dinner out, see Christmas lights
Sunday: Have a Merry Christmas


CURRENTLY READING:::



Sadly nothing.

ON THE TV :::

Hoping to watch "Elf" this week. That is the last classic Christmas movie that I have to watch.

ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:::

Monday::  Mini corn dogs, french fries and baby carrots
Tuesday:: Meatball sliders, green beans and salad
Wednesday:: Pork chop bake and peas 

Thursday:: Hot ham and cheese sandwiches, corn and salad

Friday:: pizza and fruit
Saturday:: Dinner out

Sunday:: Dinner at mom's house


WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT:::


I will be making cookies this week for traditions--kolacky and poppy seed roll and sugar cookies for Santa. I have also been coloring in an adult holiday coloring book and finding that to be relaxing.


LESSON LEARNED  THIS WEEK:::

That I am pretty blessed with a wonderful family. 

FAVORITE PHOTO FROM THE CAMERA:::

  
PRAYERS, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE, OR DEVOTIONAL:::




So there you have it, a little peek into my life on this last  Monday before Christmas! Hope everyone has a great Monday and a wonderful week!




    


No comments:

Post a Comment