Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (1/9/2017)

Happy Monday! I hope everyone is keeping warm. It has been frigid here the last few days, with wind chills in the negatives and actual temperatures only being in the low teens. We had a good weekend, watching Rebecca play in her first ever basketball game. She had a blast, even though she was super duper nervous.

As for today, well.... it is Monday and honestly I am kind of dragging. I didn't want to get up out of my warm bed this morning. But I had to get Rebecca and Jacob to school, so I did get up and now am trying to convince myself to get some things done.  For now, I will be joining in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme. So let's get started: 


THE WEATHER:::
Today it was cloudy, and cold. It is supposed to warm up a little today with wind chills in the teens versus below zero. I think we are supposed to get snow/ice tonight and then wind tomorrow. I am hoping we don't. The rest of the week, I believe it is supposed to be warmer (in the low 30s) but raining. 

ON MY READING PILE:::
I am currently reading The Magnolia Story.  I also have several books that I need to read for review, so watch for some book reviews later this month (on Thursdays). :-)

ON MY TV:::
 

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids. This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here. This past Friday we watched Beauty and the Beast. A classic Disney movie that I love. 

This weekend we started watching the NFL playoffs-- GO PACKERS!!! Thankfully for our household, our rooting interests (Seahawks (Jacob's team) and the Packers (my team)) both won so it was all good. Tonight I am sure we will be watching the College football Championship game. Also glad that a couple of the shows I watch, like "Bringing Up Bates" and "Counting On" are both back with new episodes. 

ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::

MONDAY: Lasagna soup and homemade garlic bread
TUESDAY: Crockpot orange chicken, rice, steamed green beans
WEDNESDAY: Meatball sandwiches, corn and salad
THURSDAY: Mini corn dogs, french fries, and peas
FRIDAY: Pizza rolls, fruit and salad
SATURDAY: Whole chicken in the crockpot, stuffing, carrots and corn
SUNDAY: Chili and grilled cheese sandwiches

ON MY TO-DO LIST:::
Monday: walk, tutor, plan tutoring for rest of the week, laundry
Tuesday: kids to school, work out to dvd, tutor, Jacob has wrestling
Wednesday: kids to school, walk, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor, walk, Jacob has wrestling, Rebecca has basketball, menu plan and make grocery list
Friday: kids to school, walk, grocery shop
Saturday: Rebecca has a basketball game, walk
Sunday: PSR, Church, walk

WHAT I'M CREATING:::
Nothing at the moment. I did color some in my adult coloring book that Bill got me for Christmas if that counts.  I did try a new recipe Saturday night for Tex-mex tilapia and last night for Pork chop and scalloped potato bake as well!

LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
The house is looking too bad. There are a few things on the coffee table. There are a couple of throw blankets out where we were cuddled under them last night. There are dishes that need to be done in the kitchen, as there are breakfast dishes and I had the dishes that I used to get the lasagna soup started. 

FROM THE CAMERA:::

WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
Right now, I have on jeans, my Packers sweatshirt, and white socks. I will probably change later after I exercise as I don't like to wear sweatshirts or tennis shoes when I go to tutor. 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Watching sports with my husband and kids. They love sports as much as we do, so it gives me great pleasure sharing that with them. 

DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::


So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Monday morning. Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what this week will bring! 
 

13 comments:

  1. I'm dragging today as well and it seems like the morning is flying. I can't believe it's already almost time for me to get ready and go to work. Lasagna soup sounds good (to me, I know better than to try it with the rest of my picky family though). Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lasagna soup is one of the only "soups" my family will eat. Rebecca was excited to see it on the menu again for this week. :-)

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from Happy Homemaker Monday. Tex-Mex tilapia sounds delicious - can you share the recipe? I love your quote! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for coming by, and of course I will share the recipe. Look for you it later this week (probably on Saturday). If you want to find it sooner, I found it on allrecipes.com. Here is the link: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/143298/tex-mex-tilapia/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%202

      Delete
  3. The Crock Pot Orange Chicken sounds delicious!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good and simple to make-- chicken, bbq sauce, orange marmalade and soy sauce. Served over rice, it is yummy! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I need to copy that quote and hang it all over my house!
    Hope your week is ice free and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love that quote! It really is a reminder that I have to keep in my head. I hope we don't get the ice they are talking about tomorrow, AND they are saying we could have high winds tomorrow too, which may mean power losses. I really hope not.

      Delete
  5. That is a great quote. Friday night movies seems to be a thing so many families do - such fun. Hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Friday night movie nights started here because I was exhausted from work all week and I wanted something for the kids to look forward to...so we do pizza for dinner and then a movie before bed. Works for us and allows me to relax after a long week. :)

      Delete
  6. Your menu looks so good, yum. I'm with Pamela, that Tex Mex Tilapia sounds amazing, can't wait to see the recipe.

    Hope you're having a great week so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I am craving lasagna now-I had it as a maybe for next week.

    ReplyDelete