Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday (1/23/2017)

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a good weekend here. Saturday, Rebecca played really well in her basketball game. She is showing improvement every week she plays.

On Sunday, Rebecca sang the Responsorial Psalm at mass as part of her PSR class. She did a beautiful job. Sunday afternoon, we took advantage of the beautiful weather (highs in the 60s and the sun was peeking out) and took a lovely 3 mile walk where we saw several squirrels, a blue jay, and many dogs for the kids the pet. We also watched some football and puttered around the house. 

After the excitement of last week, I really hope that this week will be less stressful. For now, I will be joining in with the lovely Sandra over at "Diary of a Stay at Home Mom" in her Happy Homemaker Monday meme. So let's get started: 


THE WEATHER:::
Today it is supposed to be cloudy with showers all day. This week it looks like it is a combo of cloudy days with a chance of showers for today through Wednesday and then it will be snow showers and colder temperatures on Thursday through Sunday. Oh joy. NOT.  

ON MY READING PILE:::
I am currently reading Lessons from Zachary by Sandy Scott. Look for the review next week.


I also received In a Different Key: The Story of Autism by John Donovan and Caren Zucker in the mail to read and review.





ON MY TV:::

On Friday nights, we typically do pizza and a movie for the kids.This year I would like to try to remember what movies we have watched, so I will be recapping here. This past Friday we watched The BFG. I borrowed it from our library as Rebecca had read the book at school and had seen an older version of the movie. I don't remember every reading the book. I thought the movie was good, not great, but good. Rebecca loved the movie, Jacob said it was good and Ben liked it as well.


On Saturday night, we had a bonus movie night as I had another movie come in to the library that I had requested the same time as The BFG. We watched Pete's Dragon. I think that I enjoyed this one much more than The BFG. It does not follow the same story as the old cartoon, but it was good non-the-less. And I will admit that I may have teared up at the end.

 

On Sunday, we spent time watching the NFL football playoffs. GO PACK GO! The Packers lost their game (Did their defense even show up to play?) but I am still a fan! Not sure what if anything we are looking forward to watching this week. Ben has been watching Lego Star Wars shows this morning.

ON THE MENU FOR THIS WEEK:::

MONDAY: Chili and grilled cheese
TUESDAY: Chicken and Cheese casserole and green beans
WEDNESDAY: Macaroni and Cheese, peas, and fruit
THURSDAY: Sloppy joes, corn, salad
FRIDAY: Frozen pizza and fruit salad
SATURDAY: Beef and broccoli stirfry (made in crockpot), rice and pineapple
SUNDAY: Cajun chicken, julienne potatoes, and green beans

ON MY TO-DO LIST:::
Monday: exercise on the Wii, plan tutoring for rest of the week, laundry, general straightening up of the house, kids to school, attack the piles in the dining room.
Tuesday: kids to school, walk, tutor, Jacob has wrestling
Wednesday: kids to school, walk, grocery shop, tutor
Thursday: kids to school, tutor, work out to dvd, Jacob has wrestling, Rebecca has basketball.
Friday: kids to school, Bill has court
Saturday: Rebecca has a basketball game, walk
Sunday: Jacob's end of season wrestling tournament


LOOKING AROUND THE HOUSE:::
The piles are starting to get to me. This morning I have attacked a few areas already that have been bugging me. I have deep cleaned both bathrooms, cleaned up the kitchen, and am going to start attacking piles in the dining room next. It is time to get this house back in good shape.  

FROM THE CAMERA:::
 

WHAT I'M WEARING TODAY:::
Right now I have workout clothes on as I just put them on when I got up as I knew I was going to be cleaning and things before this afternoon when I go tutor. So right now I have on a black t-shirt, teal workout pants and white ankle socks.
 
SIMPLE PLEASURE:::
Getting outside and enjoying the weather yesterday.









DEVOTIONAL OR QUOTE:::




So there you have it. A little peek into my life on this Monday. Hope everyone has had a great day and let's see what this week will bring! 
 

5 comments:

  1. I was able to get outside and go for a walk on Saturday. It felt good to be outside! I'm getting really sick of exercise videos :(

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to take the kids on a nature hike! I used to love to do that with my daughter when she was young, so much to see, so many things to learn more about. Have a great week and see you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice weekend! We had storms, trees down, no power for about 18 hours. The upside? It was a great reading time and I have a gas cook top so preparing food was not difficult. All in all I call it a day well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of your walk! I'm hoping to drag everyone out to enjoy the weather this week but if not, I may just go it alone. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos, Your weekend sounds amazing the walk and your daughter singing in church- LOVE. I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete