Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Weigh In Wednesday #3 of 2017

So one of my 2017 goals is to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year. This is a necessity for me, as in the last few months I have gained 15 pounds. That is not good. I want to be healthier and feel better about myself. 

In order to keep me accountable, I am hoping to come back each Wednesday to share my weigh in and my successes and failures from the previous week. So let's hop to it and see how I did this past week, shall we?


SO HOW DID THIS WEEK GO??? 
My official starting weight (on 1/1/2017) was: 242.0 pounds!
My weight last week was: 238.6 pounds.
My weight this week is: 237.6 pounds. 
DOWN 1.0 pounds!! :-) :-)  

I am happy with these results. Obviously I wished for more, but considering it was a bad week I will take the one pound loss.

This past week was stressful, and just seemed off. I have been battling depression this week and it shows in my food choices-- a lot more carbs and sugar was eaten. I think it had to do with the schedule being off as the kids had an unexpected day off, then a delay, then several things moving around of my own schedule, etc. It was just a bad week. I also noticed that on days where I didn't leave enough time to eat breakfast with the kiddos, were the days were I wanted to snack and eat lots of bad things. It continued to last night, when I really needed junk food, so I had half a bag of mini chips ahoy cookies. It is what it is, and I woke up this morning determined to get back on track. 

I know that stress and depression affect my eating. Anyone have any tips on how to combat this?

On the exercise front, I exercised every day except for Friday and Sunday
  • Wednesday: I did a 3 mile Leslie Sansone walking DVD for 50 minutes total
  • Thursday: I did a 41 minute workout on the Wii Fit Plus 
  • Friday: I took the day off as this is my grocery shopping day and getting things done day
  • Saturday: I walked outside for 51 minutes for a total of 2.7 miles. This included this HUGE hill. I really felt it. I got my workout in before we had to take Rebecca to basketball and before it started raining.
  • Sunday: Nothing, as we ended up being out of the house most of the day
  • Monday: It was raining all day, so I did a 45 minute Wii Fit Plus workout  
  • Tuesday: I did a 42 minute Wii Fit Plus workout-- the free step program and watched the first half hour of Counting On while doing this. I worked up a huge sweat as I go faster than they count and I do arm movements at the same time.
So I am currently back on track. I know that I will have good weeks and bad weeks. I just need to find a balance. I also need to figure out how to deal with stress and anxiety and the depression that rears it's ugly head. Each week is not going to be perfect. I just need to try to make each week good.

If you are trying to lose weight in 2017, how is your process going?  

10 comments:

  1. I also lost 1 lbs last week. I also struggle with anxiety and depression and this time of year can be tough. Great job pushing through!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough especially because it seems like it has been cloudy and drizzly and icy here for ages. I don't think we have had sunshine in over a week. Really wears you down. Good job on your 1 pound drop too! We've got this! :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you! A loss is a loss. I think the lack of sunlight this year makes it super hard, we all need a bit more vitamin D (and sunshine!...we're on day 5 without it around here and now fog, ugh). Your posts are really inspiring. I know I need to lose weight as well. For now,I'm just focusing on getting better choices (for all of us) back in the house as we got way off track somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on day 7 I think without the sun. :( It is really hard when there are others in the house that don't need to lose weight (aka my children) so I don't really want to deprive them, but at the same time I can't eat the snacks that I bought for them. Maybe I need to find something that they like that I don't.... Good luck with making better choices. It is hard to start, but I think once we can get past the initial hurdle it will become easier.

      Delete
  3. You have such a great attitude! And, even with your rough week, you did keep up with the exercise so BRAVO! I am in the same boat as you with the depression/stress/anxiety and I grab for the chocolate and breads too. Wish I had a solution for this!
    You are doing great! You got this! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am really trying not to beat myself up about the eating this past week. I knocked the exercise out of the park! Of course last night I couldn't exercise because I pulled calf muscles in both legs and it hurt to stand :( but it did feel better this morning, so I was able to get a walk in.

      Delete
  4. I haven't weighed myself but don't feel as though I've lost any weight. The key for me is to exercise a LOT because I love to eat. Right now I'm just trying to cut out sugar as I have a sweet tooth. Good for you for dropping another pound!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love to eat too, which is why I am trying to exercise as much as I can in this stage of my life. Giving up sugar is so hard and something that I struggle with daily. Unfortunately, this week sugar seems to be winning....

      Delete
  5. Another loss - that's great! Slow and steady is the way to go even if it might seem like it's going to take forever to reach your goal. You're doing amazing on the exercise; makes me wish we hadn't given our Wii to our daughter! I finally finished by NYC FitBit Challenge - the weather's been awful so I just haven't been able to walk outside. I know I could have knocked out the 3.1 miles in one walk but inside, it took me three days! See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have rediscovered the Wii Fit and I am enjoying it as the weather out here has either been frigid cold, icy, or raining for what seems like forever. It gives me the ability to change up workouts and I like the variety. Although I would prefer to be outside walking. Thankfully I did get to go walk today outside so that has helped some. Thanks for reading and great job on finishing the FitBit Challenge. :)

      Delete