Saturday, January 28, 2017

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (new recipe #4 of 2017)


One of the things that I would like to get done in 2017 is to try to expand our menu items. I want to try at least 2 new recipes a month. I have decided to share the recipes that I try so that maybe I can help a few of you out with some new menu ideas. I know that I get inspiration from other bloggers so maybe I can help.

Last week I mentioned that I didn't have any new main dish recipes planned, but that I might make a new dessert or something like that. Well,20 I ended up finding and trying a new recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip muffins. My inspiration was 5 very ripe bananas that I had on my counter that I did not want to go to waste. (We have been really good about eating all the bananas before they get too ripe, but these ripened REALLY fast this week for whatever reason).

A quick google search, and I found the perfect recipe to try. This Chocolate Chip and Banana Muffin recipe called to me because it uses a lot of bananas (the recipe called for 6 bananas, but I used the 5 I had). Most of the recipes I have seen use 2 or 3 bananas, but I needed something that used more.



The recipe itself was fairly simple to put together and I had all the ingredients in my cabinet. The only changes that I made were that I only used 5 bananas, I added a tablespoon of vanilla to the mixture and I scooped out half to one muffin pan so that I would have banana muffins, before I added semi-sweet chocolate chips to the other half. (I am not a fan of banana and chocolate mixed together, but I knew that my kids would love them- so I did half and half.) I got 24 large muffins out of the recipe.



They turned out really yummy. Rebecca said they are her new favorite. Rebecca and Jacob have been snacking on them for snacks. I will definitely make these again.


So overall, I am doing well with the recipe choices. Next week, I am planning on doing something new for Friday night pizza night by trying a new recipe for pizza grilled cheese. So look for my review of that next Saturday! 


OTHER NEW RECIPES TRIED IN 2017:
Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Bake
Tex-Mex Tilapia
Baked Chicken Parmesan

2 comments:

  1. Tasty! I freeze my bananas when they have gone beyond eating fresh (peeled) and the next time I am ready to make banana muffins I just put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds. They get juicy but are still perfect for a batch of muffins.

    ReplyDelete