Saturday, January 21, 2017

Baked Chicken Parmesan (new recipe #3 of 2017)

First of all thanks for all the well wishes for dear hubby. We are dealing with it. Unfortunately we don't have rental reimbursement. We will figure something out. 

Now on to a more pleasing topic...like a new recipe!


One of the things that I would like to get done in 2017 is to try to expand our menu items. I want to try at least 2 new recipes a month. I have decided to share the recipes that I try so that maybe I can help a few of you out with some new menu ideas. I know that I get inspiration from other bloggers so maybe I can help.

Speaking of helping out other bloggers, TrayceeBee, over at Just Keep Swimming Mama Fish!, had asked if I would share the Crockpot Orange Chicken recipe. I have made it before and blogged about it, so if you follow this link it will take you there. Such a simple, 4 ingredient recipe and so good! 

Now on to this week! This week, I was able to make 1 new recipe. On Monday night I made a healthier version of Chicken Parmesan. I used the recipe for Baked Chicken Parmesan from skinnytaste.com for inspiration.


Oh my, it was so good! There were a couple of changes that I made. The first change was that I used chicken tenderloins instead of chicken breasts as that is what I had on hand. I also used a little more mozzarella on top as I love cheese!

The original recipe called for the chicken to be baked off in the oven after the cheese is added and then you can serve it with a side of pasta or a salad. I instead made half a box of rotini (again what I had on hand) and mixed it with the rest of the jar of marinara (after I had taken out what I needed to top the chicken) that I used along with a little Parmesan. I then added that to a glass baking dish. After the chicken was cooked, I transferred the chicken from the baking sheet it was cooking on, to the top of the pasta before I added the marinara and cheese on the chicken. Then I baked it for about 7 more minutes to melt the mozzarella. I served it with a side of green beans.


This turned out so yummy! Rebecca said it was the best ever and Bill said it reminded him of a chicken parmesan sandwich that he had made me when we were dating-- (it was a cooked chicken patty topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella, served on a bun). He really liked this dish and asked that I make it again! I would say that this was a winning recipe!

So overall, so far, I am doing well with the recipe choices. Next week, I am not planning on making anything new (although maybe I will try a new dessert or something if I want to be creative.) However, the week after, I am planning on doing something new for pizza night by trying a new recipe for pizza grilled cheese. So look for that in a couple of weeks! 


OTHER NEW RECIPES TRIED IN 2017:
Pork Chop and Scalloped Potato Bake
Tex-Mex Tilapia

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really good recipe! Bill asked for a repeat performance, so that's a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! And thank you so much for the link! I can't believe I missed it in a previous post....Hope this week is MUCH better for you than last! =)

    ReplyDelete