Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Weigh In Wednesday #2 of 2017

So one of my 2017 goals is to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year. This is a necessity for me, as in the last few months I have gained 15 pounds. That is not good. I want to be healthier and feel better about myself. To achieve this goal, I set up the following guidelines:
  • eat a salad for lunch at least 5 days out of the week
  • eat dinner with the family
  • eat breakfast each morning
  • NO pop during the week (limit 1 per weekend day)
  • exercise at least 15 minutes every day
I figure that these are guidelines that I will try my hardest to follow; however, if I fail at them, I am still going to be doing better than what I have been doing in my past. 

In order to keep me accountable, I am hoping to come back each Wednesday to share my weigh in and my successes and failures from the previous week. So let's hop to it and see how I did this past week, shall we?


SO HOW DID THIS WEEK GO??? 
My official starting weight (on 1/1/2017) was: 242.0 pounds!
My weight last week was: 242.0 pounds.
My weight this week is: 238.6 pounds. 
DOWN 3.4 pounds!! :-) :-)  

I obviously am very happy with these results. I had some good moments and some bad moments this past week. Let's start off with the bad. On Thursday, I was seriously craving chocolate and carbs so I made some brownies and I ate more of them than anyone else. Also on Saturday night, we had date night including ice cream, although I only ate half of it, whereas before I would have eaten the whole thing

I am doing better with my diet and there were some good moments. I didn't eat 5 salads last week, but I am adding in more vegetables especially at lunch time-- my favorites right now being to add fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes to my scrambled eggs. YUMMY! I have eaten breakfast every morning, except for Sunday when I still have to figure out a time table before church. I have eaten dinner with the family every night! And I have only had one pop and that was on Sunday night with dinner, and even then I only drank half of it. I have been drinking mostly flavored water.


On the exercise front, I exercised every day except for Friday, despite the freezing weather! I borrowed a different walking dvd from the library than the one that I own, and I was pleased to see that the library had a nice selection of workout dvds that I could borrow.
  • Wednesday: I did a 2 mile Leslie Sansone walking DVD for 35 minutes total
  • Thursday: I did a 36 minute workout on the Wii Fit Plus program (I managed to pull a muscle in my calf that really hurt doing this)
  • Friday: I took the day off as my leg was really hurting and I didn't want to risk hurting it even more.
  • Saturday: I did a 3 mile walking dvd that took 49 minutes. I was able to borrow this one from my local library.            
  • Sunday: I did a 36 minute Wii Fit Plus workout.
  • Monday: The temperature was a tad above 1-- it was like 11 degrees, so I headed outside and did 1.86 mile walk (took 36 minutes) in the cold.
     
  • Tuesday: We woke up to a little ice storm that had rolled in, so school was closed for the kids and it was way too icy to get outside to walk. I ended up doing 46 minutes on the Wii Fit Plus. I will take it. 

So I am currently on the right track. It feels different this time. I know I will have good days and bad days. I just need to try to make the healthier choices 80-90% of the time and the rest will hopefully fall into place.

If you are trying to lose weight in 2017, how is your process going?  

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Although I miss my daughter dreadfully now that she is away in college, it has relieved me of the need to bake which is a good thing because guess who ended up eating most of what was baked? Me! My husband and I are committed to portion control so when we're done with the our 30 day Whole 30 detox, any splurges will be split. Slice of cake with two forks, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Splurges should be split! I am working on portion control as well, but really just on carbs and desserts. Good luck with your 30 day Whole 30 detox.

      Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your loss! I seems you are on the right track :) I have that Leslie Sansone DVD! Thanks for stopping by and have great week!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that I might buy this one to add to my collection, it was a really good workout. :-)

      Delete
  3. Getting in the habit the first month or so are hard (ask me how I know? ;-)), & you're doing great! Congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It has been hard at times-- especially if I am stressed about something or life throws me a curveball with school delays/closings. That is why I am trying to say that even if I can be good 80-90% of the time then I will be happy.

      Delete
  4. You are doing really well - proud of you! My plan is to eat for health and to exercise 60 minutes per day. Trying to stay away from sugar, bad fats and snacks and to decrease portion size. I'm not checking my weight but going on how my clothes are fitting. I believe I've made a bit of progress :) Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! My biggest problem is the snacking and eating sugary carbs, and not exercising. So for January I am really working on the exercising part, with an eye on cutting way back on the portions of the carbs.

      Delete
  5. Good for you, Rachel! A new RX started this Fall translated into an additional 15 lbs, which I am far from happy about. So new year, new plan for me! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been on meds in the past that have caused weight gain. Not fun. Hopefully you can find something that works for you to counteract the weight gain from the meds. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. Good for you! I like that you are not beating yourself up for being less than perfect. I think that is what messes up so many people! Keep up the good work and I will be cheering you on every Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Like I said this year just feels different. Why beat myself up, when that just adds to the cycle of stress eating? Really I have seen a change in my mindset overall and so far it is working.

      Delete
  7. Great job Rachel! Keep it up! =)

    ReplyDelete