Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Weigh In Wednesday #1 of 2017

So one of my 2017 goals is to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year. This is a necessity for me, as in the last few months I have gained 15 pounds. That is not good. I want to be healthier and feel better about myself. To achieve this goal, I set up the following guidelines:
  • eat a salad for lunch at least 5 days out of the week
  • eat dinner with the family
  • eat breakfast each morning
  • NO pop during the week (limit 1 per weekend day)
  • exercise at least 15 minutes every day
I figure that these are guidelines that I will try my hardest to follow; however, if I fail at them, I am still going to be doing better than what I have been doing in my past. 

In order to keep me accountable, I am hoping to come back each Wednesday to share my weigh in and my successes and failures from the previous week. So let's hop to it, shall we?


My official starting weight as of January 1, 2017 was: 242.0 pounds! 

This is the highest weight that I have had in a while. I can only blame myself due to inactivity after my surgery and resorting to eating lots of chocolate and sweets to keep my energy levels up during the holiday season. It is what it is and I know that I need to make some changes. 

I have kept to my promises so far, well except for the eating salads. I am definitely adding more vegetables in with my lunch which is really the goal. I have eaten dinner with the family each night, instead of not eating what they are eating and then eating junk later. I have also eaten breakfast each morning, which is huge for me. I am also drinking way more water than I normally would, having given up pop on the weekdays.


On the exercise front, I have been able to exercise every day
  • Sunday: I walked 2.75 miles around our neighborhood.
  • Monday: I did a 1.46 mile walk on the path with the family.
  • Tuesday: It was raining so I did a 2 mile walking workout on a dvd. 
  • Wednesday (Today): I did a 2 mile walking workout on a dvd again.

So I am currently on the right track. Just need to keep the motivation going. 

Anyone else trying to lose weight in 2017? 

9 comments:

  1. I also do a Weigh-In Wednesday post! I love Leslie Sansone, too! We're kindred spirts :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Leslie Sansone too. I only own one of her dvds but I borrowed another from the library. Much easier to get my walk in when it is 2 degrees outside! LOL

      Delete
  2. Good luck, Rachel! I am also trying to lose . . holiday eating but mostly a RX, which I hope the MD will take me off of, has led to weight gain. : ( One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you as well! And you are right, I am taking it one day at a time. I didn't gain all this weight overnight, so I won't lose it overnight either.

      Delete
  3. I love the "Weigh In Wednesday" post! Maybe I'll be brave and join you since I am trying to lose 30 this year! While it won't get me to my "goal weight", thirty pounds will get me a whole lot closer!
    You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on and join in! The more, the merrier! And we could support one another. I know others have done weight loss challenges in the past without actually putting their weight on their blog, but instead what they have lost,etc. And if I wanted to hit my goal, it would be more like 50 pounds. I really want to be under 200 pounds (which I haven't been in 11 years).

      Delete
  4. I am a diabetic and have to do much better. I do well with 5-6oz of Greek yogurt and a sandwich of low carb bread from aldi and turkey breast. When I deviate, I eat too much. I got sick of eating two salads a day, but really need it to keep full. Good luck to you. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am not a huge salad fan (especially in winter) but I find it is the easiest way to get more veggies in my diet. I am trying. Just taking it one day at a time. Good luck to you as well!

      Delete
  5. I'd love to join you! Packing up on one side of the country, spending ten days on the road, unpacking and organizing in our new location, and then Christmas on top of it all really played havoc with our eating. Snacks, junk, candy, Christmas cookies, you name it, our eating habits were a disaster over the last six weeks and we were feeling every symptom as a consequence - lethargy, fatigue, aches and pains...it was back to the Whole 30 clean eating program on December 27. We're on Day 14 now and feeling better already but I have a long way to go in terms of weight loss. As you said, it's not going to happen overnight.

    I really find it hard to eat salads when the weather is cold so I always roast extra vegetables and just heat them up for lunch.

    ReplyDelete