Thursday, March 22, 2018

Dresser handles, Allison's onion straws and busy

The sun was out today! Yahoo! I had another busy day today, but there was a lightness in the air. Why? Well after today I don't have to tutor, babysit, or run a Battle of the Books meetings for a whole week and a half! I can focus on my own kids, my hubby and doing things that I want to do. I might even be able to read a book! LOL
But first I had to get through today, which was busy once again.

Before I talk about today, can I just say that I am proud of myself. The dresser that Jacob has for his clothes is an old hand me down from my parent's house. The handles have been falling apart over the past 2 years and I keep meaning to find replacements but something told me that it was going to be really hard to find replacements.


Well after hurting my finger the other night trying to get a drawer open, I had had enough. So I headed over to Lowes and in less than 30 minutes I had all the handles switched out.



His dresser looks so much better now and I am proud of the fact that I got it done myself!

So after getting that minor success yesterday, I geared up for another busy day today. My day went like this:

I got up. Took the kids to school. Went to Walmart to buy my momma a birthday present (I got her a bamboo plant). Then to Kroger for grocery shopping. Then home to put groceries away. Then back out to the kids' school for Battle of the Books meeting. Then back home to meet my sister who was surprising my mom for her birthday weekend. Then off to Allison's for lunch with my mom and sister and my brother came as well. We chose to go to Allison's because they are closing their doors on April 1. The owner is selling the restaurant as her health is declining. The new owners are supposed to turn it into an Italian restaurant. Once I heard they were closing, I have been craving their onion straws as they are so good...so that is what I had. :-)

 

After lunch, we came back home for a few minutes. Then it was off to pick the kids up for school. They are now officially on Spring Break. Then back home where Rebecca worked on some homework, Ben played a game with my sister and Jacob did his own thing. Then it was time to make dinner---homemade mini pizzas. Before I had to rush out with Rebecca to get her to a game night for her AHG troop. Then home to clean the kitchen up and get the boys. Then back to pick her up. 

Now the kids are in bed and I am just sitting down to browse some blogs and relax. Busy, busy, busy is all I have to say. I have a few things scheduled over the next few days that will also keep me busy, but it will hopefully be a fun busy! 

Hope everyone has had a great Thursday and here's to a good Friday! 

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that lunch looks mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best it has ever been. Too bad that the restaurant is closing in a week.

      Delete
  2. Hope your Friday is calmer.....except your kids are home on break so....oh well! lol At least you won't be running and being pulled in some many directions. Enjoy your mom's bday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually took the kids to the zoo but it was nice not to have to run from one thing to another and to go on my time.

      Delete
  3. Happy spring break. Next week we have two full, three half days, then the following week is our break. HOORAY! Meanwhile, I am enjoying my Friday afternoon.
    Enjoy your down time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those back and forth trips and round and round with things to do with three kids. At least maybe you can read that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, although I haven't had a chance yet :)

      Delete
  5. Oh, good job getting the handles done. I really hate it when I take so long to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is annoying me though because it was such an easy fix yet I kept putting it off.

      Delete
  6. Great job on the dresser handles. I'm off for spring break too with a laundry list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you have a productive Spring Break. I too have a list of things I want to and need to accomplish but am also hoping to relax a little.

      Delete