Saturday, March 10, 2018

Got a lot done today

Today was the first Saturday in a while that I we haven't had to be up and out the door for basketball. It was kind of nice not to have to be at a certain place at a certain time. That didn't mean anything to the kids who were up right after 7AM. Oh vey! I got up with them as Bill has worked over 24 hours over the last 2 days and he needed to sleep. 

Once we were up, I had breakfast and the kids ate. After they ate I told them to do their morning jobs and clean their rooms. While they did that I tackled the living room. I moved the furniture and got the toys out from under them and swept. I also dusted the entertainment center. I also started a load of laundry. 

Once the kids were done cleaning their rooms, I let them play and watch TV. I took a shower. Once I was done taking my shower and getting dressed, Bill was awake. We decided to take the kids and sign them up for a new flag football league that is starting. While we were out I also put gas in my van. 

Back home, we had lunch. I worked on more laundry. I also cut Benjamin's hair, gave him a bath, cut Jacob's hair, gave him a bath, and then cut Bill's hair. Their hair was so long! 

Then Bill left for work and I did more laundry and then got started decluttering the "closet of doom" off the bathroom. It had gotten to be a mess again. I also have been feeling the itch to get rid of stuff and to do a major declutter. Today was the start....


It looks so much better in there (even with the torn curtain courtesy of the cats! :/


I was able to get 10 trash bags full of stuff and a box full of stuff to take to Goodwill tomorrow out of that room.


After tackling the closet, I made dinner for the kids and cleaned up the kitchen while Rebecca took her bath. Then it was upstairs to fold more laundry! 

After the kids ate, they did their after dinner jobs and I swept the dining room and kitchen. I also planned out my PSR lesson for tomorrow morning. 

Now I am finally sitting down, before I go flip more laundry! The kids are watching "DinoTrux" on Netflix and just relaxing. 

Earlier as I was brushing Rebecca's hair for her, I said I was tired because I had gotten a lot done today and she said "it's about time." I gave her a look and she started laughing. I am not sure how to take that, but I just let it go for now. 

Now I need to go flip more laundry...I have the last load in the washer now! Hope everyone had a great Saturday! 

4 comments:

  1. I hope my week is as productive as your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really trying to get caught up on things. This just happened to be a super productive day.

      Delete
  2. Kids say the darn'dest things sometimes. I'm sure she was just joking with you...I hope so anyways. Boy, when you declutter you really declutter!! That's a huge pile of donations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That closet becomes a catchall for stuff. If the kids come and say they don't want something I say go put it in the closet for Goodwill. Then when I get around to doing a clean out it ends up being a ton. I am going to try to be better about not allowing it to pile up. I am also in the mindset recently of getting rid of excess stuff and reducing what we own.

      Delete