Friday, March 2, 2018

February Update on My 2018 Goals

Happy Thursday! Happy March! I cannot believe that two months of 2018 have already passed. Seems like just yesterday I was making a list of goals that I wanted to complete in 2018. One of the things that I have figured out about goals, is that if I make the list and then don't look at it, then I forget all of them. So I thought I would come back here at the end of each month/beginning of the next month and see how I am progressing toward achieving my goals. 



So without further ado, let's see how I did in February: 

No fast food for the year. The only exception for this will be if we are traveling on a vacation or if the kids request this as their birthday dinner. 
  • So...about that one...after doing really well in January, February become a bust. I had fast food twice. Wendy's one night when I was sick, and then McDonald's on the night I babysat and had 5 kids here. 

Give up pop. I have gotten into a very bad habit of drinking pop and I have had at least one kidney stone this year. I am pretty sure that I have been dealing with one the last week as well. I feel bloated most of the time and think that this is due to the amount of pop that I have been drinking.
  • Again...February was not kind to me. I have gotten back in the caffeine and pop habit. Not sure what it is but I know I need to do better with this. 

Lose 40 pounds. I MUST do this. My health needs to be my priority this year. I am not getting any younger and I need to make sure that as I approach 40 that I am in better shape.
  • If you follow along on my Weigh In Wednesday posts, then you know that I only lost 0.4 pounds this month. It is still a loss, but I so need to get back on track. 

Walk at least 3 days a week. This was hard in 2017 as I would get into a rhythm, then with the weather change and I started babysitting and I did not have time at all to walk. I feel so much better when I get outside so I am going to try for 3 days at the minimum.
  • I did end up with 5 walks in February so it wasn't a complete loss but no where near my goal.
Read 24 books. I really love to read and I find that I would read more however the lure of electronics is strong and I have been laying in bed playing "Blast" solitaire on my tablet instead of reading before sleeping. I will stop doing this and will start reading instead. I hope to bring back my what I read this month blog posts.

Declutter 500 items from our home. We have way too much stuff.  There is just no getting past that we need to get rid of stuff. 500 items is on average about 42 items a month. I can do that.
  • Nope
Go on a family vacation with Bill and the kids.
  • Figured out where and when and placed a reservation for it. 

Have at least one date time with Bill each week-- be that a walk together, lunch out, date night in, watching a movie, etc.
  • February 2, we had a lunch date at Fiesta Mexicana 
     
  • We ordered in dinner for Valentine's Day 
  • We took several walks together February 15, 18, 23, 27 and 28th. 

Try 24 new recipes.
Deep clean and declutter each room in our house.
  • Nope




So that is the February update. Definitely fell off the bandwagon and can do much better. Need to get my act back together in March.  If you are working on goals, how are you doing since the first month of the year is now done? 


8 comments:

  1. What you strive to do and what you end up choosing to do day can change becasue of life. I try and remember that instead of being down when I don't hit targets. Life is constantly kicking us back to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as we plan our time, life, kids, meetings, obligations and general unplanned interruptions and chaos happen to us all. Don't beat yourself up about it. Change what you can and punt the rest of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea, think I'll borrow it for my 18 in 2018 if you don't mind? Spring always brings fresh inspiration and motivations, you'll be meeting all your goals very soon. I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be too hard on yourself! It's a process!

    ReplyDelete