Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #13 of 2018 and Spring Break Day 5: Fun at SPI Spot

Yesterday it was raining most of the day and miserable. Thankfully it wasn't too cold, but the rain just made it dreary. So we decided to take the kids to our local science play place-- SPI Spot. We were gifted a family membership and I hate to say that we have only gone once before. We really need to remedy that as the kids love when we go and it is only five minutes from our house. 

The kids had a blast exploring measurement, energy, climbing, robots, etc. 









After we went to SPI Spot, Bill and the kids talked me into taking them to McDonald's for lunch. We have been eating out way to often which is not good for my waistline. I am trying to plan out after Easter so that I can get back on track. I knew that this week's weigh in was not going to be pretty. Having said that, let's see what the scale said this week::



Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 236.0
My weight this week: 239.2
Weight loss from last week: +3.2 pounds!! OUCH!!!!
Total weight loss for 2018: -1.8 pounds! 

Not good. Not good at all. I know what the problem is.... too much eating out. The problem is that I enjoy eating out and I know it isn't good for my waistline or my wallet. This week's weigh in was definitely a result of eating out too much and indulging too much. I have to get back to square one and making and eating at home is definitely what I need to do to make this happen. I know that there will be more eating out this week with Spring Break and with Ben's birthday coming up on Monday. After that I have no excuse. I don't want to see 240 again on the scale. 






On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

Well since I last posted a Weigh In Wednesday post, I did the following walks:

March 23
-- a little over 4 miles at the zoo
March 25-- 2.75 miles (this was in the woods with inclines)


So that means I am now at 19 out of 156 workout walks completed for the year! Hopefully now that spring is here I will be able to get more walks in.

I have also invested a whole $1 on a Jillian Michael's Beginner Shred DVD (found at Dollar Tree and then saw Amazon was selling for close to $9).



I started it yesterday when I just felt fat and out of shape and man is it tough. It is a 30 day program, with each workout being 20 minutes. You do workout 1 for 10 days, workout 2 for 10 days and then workout 3 for 10 days. I came away from day 1 feeling very out of shape and just not anywhere where I need to be. This morning, I woke up sore in places I haven't been sore of in a while. I already completed day 2 today and I hurt but in a good way. Something has to give and I really need to do this. I CAN do it!  

If you are trying to lose weight or get healthier, how is your journey going so far?

3 comments:

  1. We really don't eat out a lot but when we do I try to buy the salad option. We have an Arbys that sell a nice salad with grilled or crispy chicken. No fries for me and that helps me not feel deprived when everyone else gets the sandwich and fries and sometimes a shake. It is very hard to lose weight and I give you lots of credit for even posting your weight and how you are doing. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to eat healthier for the past month or so. I know I physically feel better when I eat better so that is what I keep reminding myself when I want to eat everything that is bad for me. I need to lose quite a few lbs and am trying not to let the scale bring me down. I keep reminding myself that any healthy choice that I make is more important than the number on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I cheated big time yesterday. I haven't weighed myself yet this morning and I'm afraid to. I had a colonoscopy yesterday, so the day before that, I had liquids only for an entire day and then the "cleanse" all that night and the following morning. I was starving! I couldn't wait to eat something!!! After the procedure was over, I went home and made a ham, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. We also decided to go out to eat to O'Charlys because it was Free Pie Wednesday. I had a salad for dinner, but then had a half of a slice or caramel pie which was so sweet and rich, I could feel the weight coming back on with every bite. I hope I didn't do too much damage. The weigh in for my weight loss challenge is next week! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete