Sunday, March 25, 2018

Spring Break Day 2: Bribing the kids!

The kids enjoyed their Dairy Queen bribe!

After heading to the zoo and spending most of the day gone on Friday, Bill and I were exhausted. So, we kind of bribed the kids on Friday night. We told them that if they didn't get us up until 9AM on Saturday morning then we would get them ice cream. 

A typical weekend morning at our house is Jacob waking up before 7AM and being very loud...talking to himself, humming to himself, singing, etc. He wakes Ben up and then they tend to get loud and start fighting as brothers are want to do. Then they come running into our room and jumping on our bed. Rebecca meantime, wakes up early as well, but she is more likely to stay in her room and read. 

I just needed one morning to sleep in a bit... thus the bribe! 

And it worked. I heard Jacob get up and go to the bathroom around 7:30 and then he came in to see the time but he went back to his room and he was quiet. I heard Ben around 8:45... but the boys didn't come in to our room until 9:01! I guess the bribe of ice cream worked! Too bad I can't use that every day! :-) 

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Of course, with teenagers, I'd have to bribe for the opposite reason: for them to get up and ready BEFORE 9a.m. LOL. Looks like your spring break is off to a great start over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is off to a great start! I hope your's is as well!

      Delete
  2. I used a bribe every Saturday or maybe it was a threat, I told them that they could watch cartoons until they woke me up fighting or being loud. It worked. I could get about two more hours sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys are still a little young to be going downstairs alone, especially since Jacob can get a little wild very quickly. I usually give him his medication right after we get up.

      Delete
  3. If your boss did not bribe you with a promise of money, you would not go to work every day, on time, and without grumbling or taking off a day or two during the week. If you promised them a pony for allowing you to sleep two more hours, I would see a problem. But, ice cream is okay in my book.

    ReplyDelete