Saturday, March 31, 2018

Spring Break Days 7 and 8: more eating out and coloring Easter eggs

As I am sitting here tonight thinking back over Spring Break, I realize that it has been a great week. It has been busy, but busy on my terms and not dependent on work schedules or school schedules. I have had downtime and have been able to read and write up some book reviews (I am sure you have noticed). It has been good for my soul. 

So what have we been up to the last 2 days?...

Well Thursday was my youngest brother's birthday. He turned 18! The kids and I met up with him, my mom, and my sister for lunch. 


When we came home, I straightened up a bit and then sat and read a book for about an hour or so before dinner. Rebecca and Ben were supposed to have football practice but it was raining all day so it got cancelled. Then I took Bill out for Mexican for dinner as no one was in the mood for hot dogs! LOL 

Yesterday, I spent the morning running errands. I had to pick up fresh fruit and veggies that I needed for Ben's birthday party which is later today. The stores were crazy busy as it is a holiday weekend. When I got home, I put the groceries away and worked out.


I have now done the beginner shred DVD for 4 days in a row. Yesterday was the first day that I really wasn't that sore. Feels good.


After I was done, my mom, sister and other brother stopped by. I had texted my mom asking her if she could go to the orchard near her house and get me some hot salsa. It was on my list of things to do over Spring Break but I hadn't had time as it is about 20 minutes away. Well, an hour later she showed up with not one or two jars, but 12! She bought all they had! She is the best! 

The afternoon was spent coloring Easter eggs and baking Ben's birthday cake. The kids loved coloring eggs.



 
After a dinner of hot dogs, the kids watched a movie, while I worked on decorating Ben's cake. He asked for a "Blaze Monster truck" cake and I love how it turned out! 



After getting the kids to bed, I worked on making fruit salad for Ben's party, packing lunches for an AHG field trip that Rebecca has later today, and straightening up the main floor of the house. I will have to say that I have been keeping up with the housework so it didn't take too long. I just had to clean up the bathroom and sweep and I was good to go! 

I am looking ahead at a very busy day so I had best get off of here and go exercise so I can get the day started. I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday! 

4 comments:

  1. You are really quite the talented cake decorator! Lucky kids!

    Here's to a smooth transition back to the real world on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thankfully I don't have to transition until tomorrow (Tuesday). :)

      Delete
  2. The cake is darling but I have to pretend to know what a Blaze car is. I am way out of that demo! Have a great Easter (lots of eggs there to hide and hunt)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blaze is the main character in the show "Blaze and the Monster Machines" about trucks. Ben loves the show. Hope you had a great Easter!

      Delete