Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10-16 Grocery Trip and Menu Plan Monday

January is to be a low spend month at the grocery store and a pantry challenge at our home. Each week I will post what I spend at the grocery store each week so that I will be accountable to you lovely readers as well as to myself and so that I can see how I am doing. I will also be posting my menu plan on Mondays as well (as part of Orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday series).

For the week of January 10-16, 2011:

GROCERY SHOPPING:
KROGER::
2 gallons skim milk
1 gallon whole milk
1 gallon green tea (Since I have been sick I cannot drink pop of any kind so I am seeing if I can drink this)
parmesan cheese
bananas
lettuce
cauliflower
cantalope
2 chocolate syrup (my hubby's want)
bread
veggie tray (with carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, celery, and dip) (was marked down to $2.49)
--------------------
Total spent for groceries: $29.00

I also had to buy overnight diapers and toilet paper but spent less than $20 on those, so under budget on those things.


TOTAL FOR WEEK: $29 ($9.00 OVER budget!) (I am okay with this though as I am definitely more aware at the store and I could have spent so much more stocking up on things that we didn't need!)

Now on to our menu....
 
Last week's menu was a bust as I was sick with the flu and so hubby was in charge and things were just crazy....so hopefully this week will be calmer....so here goes....
 
MONDAY: lasagna with provolone cheese, green beans
 
TUESDAY:  whole chicken (in crockpot), mashed potatoes, broccoli

WEDNESDAY: cheeseburger macaroni and peas
 
THURSDAY: chicken tacos, chicken nuggets and tator tots for kids
 
FRIDAY:  leftovers
 
SATURDAY:  baked tilapia, julienne potatoes, broccoli

SUNDAY:   pork chops, carrots, onions, mashed potatoes, rolls with butter

For more great menu ideas please visit: orgjunkie.com!
 
Hope everyone has a great week of good food!!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great menu. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! You are having a great week! I've been wanting chicken tacos, but hubby isn't a fan. I'm thinking I might fix them ayway :)

    Hope you feel better! It stinks being sick :(

    Have a great week!

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete