Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24-30 Grocery Trips and Menu Plan Monday

January is to be a low spend month at the grocery store and a pantry challenge at our home. Each week I will post what I spend at the grocery store each week so that I will be accountable to you lovely readers as well as to myself and so that I can see how I am doing. I will also be posting my menu plan on Mondays as well (as part of Orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday series).

For the week of January 24-30, 2011:

GROCERY SHOPPING:

KROGER: TRIP #1:

1 whole pineapple (on sale for $1!!!!)
2 bags chips (hubby wanted)
Steamfresh broccoli (FREE after coupon)
1 gallon whole milk
2 gallons skim milk
Cheerios
2 cans spaghettios
bananas
red bell pepper
yellow bell pepper
--------------------
Total for this trip: $21.54

KROGER: TRIP #2---
Glad Force Flex Trash bags ($2.99 for a box of 40 scented! :) )
crackers
2 gallons skim milk (I was marked down to $1.69 because the best by date was 1/30/11-we can totally drink a gallon in a week)
1 gallon whole milk
2 rice mixes (each marked down to $0.49 each)
M&Ms (yes I know, not good for me...but if we have no chocolate in the house I start eating other stuff that I don't want to make up for it....)
Healthy Choice mixer
pudding
frappuchinos (for Dear Hubby--I did save by buying Kroger brand instead of starbucks for a savings of over $2)
box of instant oatmeal ($0.99 after coupon)
Toaster Strudel (FREE after coupon)
2 packs taco seasoning
waffles
garlic bread ($0.65 after coupon)
bagels
steamfresh broccoli (FREE after coupon)
bananas
lettuce
pineapple ($1!!!--almost everyone in the store had a whole pineapple in their buggies :) )
-------------------------
Total: $36.16 (saved $25.14 for a savings of 41%)

Total spent for groceries: $ --- $57.70----
I am okay with that. Next month I am going to try to get our groceries down to $50 or less per week. I think I can do this.

Now on to our menu....

 








Last week's menu was a great success. We stuck to it for the most part. The only night we didn't stick to it was on Wednesday. I had to work, the kids were at my parents and Bill had to work early so I made chicken nuggets and veggies for the kids when we came home and I had cereal. I will move the manwich to this week. For the rest of this week we will be eating:

MONDAY:  manwich sandwiches, green beans, pears

TUESDAY: baked tilapia, rice, mixed veggies, macaroni and cheese

WEDNESDAY: honey mustard chicken helper, corn, applesauce

THURSDAY:  meatloaf, julienne potatoes, peas, rolls

FRIDAY:  leftovers and/or pizza

SATURDAY:  crispy cracker chicken (new recipe), stuffing, green beans

SUNDAY:   spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread

For more great menu ideas please visit: orgjunkie.com!

 

Hope everyone has a great week of good food!!

1 comment:

  1. Great menu! And you did a great job shopping! I have had a hard time finding markdowns lately. Of course, I have't been in the store half as much either :)

    Have a great week!

    www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete