Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Recipe for January: Crispy Cracker Chicken

One of my 2011 Goals was to try at least one new recipe each month. I succeeded with this for January! Tonight for dinner I tried my first new recipe....

CRISPY CRACKER CHICKEN


This was incredibly easy to make and came out DELICIOUS!!! Even my very, VERY, picky Rebecca ate it up. She said "this is really good Mommy!" :) Oh that made my day! I will definitely be adding this to our rotation.

CRISPY CRACKER CHICKEN
(courtesy of The Healthy College Cookbook by Alexandra Nimetz, Jason Stanley and Emeline Starr.)
(I modified the recipe from 2 to 4 servings for my family.)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I used 8 chicken tenderloins)
2 egg whites, beaten
1 cup crushed wheat thin crackers
1 cup grated parmesan cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Rinse and pat dry chicken. Coat with egg whites.
  3. Mix crushed wheat thins and cheese together. Roll the chicken in mixture until well coated.
  4. Place in a baking pan (I used a glass pyrex pan) and bake for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the cracker coating is crispy.
This was so easy to make and SOOO YUMMY!!!! I served it with chicken stuffing and green beans.

(sorry for the dark photo....)

Have you tried any new recipes lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment