Thursday, January 5, 2023

A shot of whiskey, Pork and Peppers, and cookbook recommendation



Happy Thursday everyone! We are almost to the weekend. We can do it. I hope so anyways. If today is anything like yesterday, I might question it. Work was mentally and physically exhausting yesterday as our refrigerator broke down, we had another leak in the ceiling, and other issues as well. It was a day. I ended up working late and coming home later than normal. Thankfully Bill was home to go get the kids so I could eat a very late lunch. When he came home, I was joking about needing a shot of whiskey and he took me literally and brought me one. It was yummy and needed. I am not really looking forward to going into work today to see what disasters will be facing us. Hopefully it will be a better day. 

A couple days ago in my Menu Plan Monday post comments, Mandy asked me if I could share the recipe for the pork and peppers dish that I made. Of course, I will share. Here is the recipe: 


That recipe has become a family favorite and comes from a cookbook called The Low Cholesterol Cookbook and Action Plan by Karen L. Swanson.  


I would highly recommend getting this cookbook. I have made several recipes from this book, and all have been super flavorful and yummy AND healthy. Just last night I made a new recipe out of this cookbook for a southwest turkey skillet that was really good. It had quinoa, turkey, tomatoes, corn, black beans, and spices in it. Super yummy.

Well, I need to go get ready to head to work. I just wanted to hop on here and share the recipe (and keep my daily blogging streak alive!). Hope you all have a great Thursday!! 

Anyone have any cookbooks to share that they absolutely love?   

10 comments:

  1. Now I’m hungry. Thank you for sharing. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work disasters can ruin a work day. I'm back on some vacation days, Christmas round two. The recipe looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're enjoying the time with your kids.

      Delete
  3. Email me if you want me to work on Bill's genealogy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope today was a better day for you! That recipe does sound good.

    ReplyDelete

  5. This blog in very informative for us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you so much for sharing this! It looked so good! Sure hope work was uneventful today. I’m catching up on blog reading again! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes a shot of whiskey is all we need, to take a deep breath and get through a hard day.

    ReplyDelete