Monday, January 16, 2023

Menu Plan Monday #3 of 2023



Happy Monday everyone! Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! We are off school/work today (well, the kids and I- Bill has to work). I hope to spend some time today working in the closet of doom. I am on a decluttering bug and am trying to keep momentum moving in the right direction. Hopefully, I can be productive today. 

I was productive over the weekend by making up my menu plan for the week. This year, I am bringing back the Menu Plan Monday postings that will allow me to share what we ate and what I am planning on making. I love reading what others are cooking and getting inspiration from others for meals. Maybe by posting this I can be an inspiration to someone else. 

Ok, now let's get back to the menu plan...

So how did we do with last week's menu plan? 

Monday: smoked sausage and potato bake, French style green beans



Tuesday: Deluxe nachos

 


Wednesday: Hamburger Helper and peas for Bill and the kids, leftovers for me- I had leftover spaghetti and cucumbers.



Thursday: Fish filets, baked potatoes (cooked in the air fryer again!), cole slaw, edamame *funny story about the edamame. I have never had it before and no else in the family had either. We thought you had to eat the pods and they were so hard and nasty. Only Jacob was right by popping the pods out. LOL Lesson learned and I told the family we would have them again next week and eat them the correct way! 



Friday: Pizza and fruit



Saturday: Chili and grilled cheese



Sunday: Turkey tenderloin, mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli



What are we eating this week? 

Monday: Pork Chops with squash and spinach (this is a new recipe), velveeta mac-n-cheese, peas, applesauce

Tuesday: Wendy's for Bill and the boys; Jersey Mike's for Rebecca and me(we have a busy night) 

Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner-- Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, and fruit

Thursday: Red bag chicken sandwiches, salad, french fries

Friday: Make your own pizzas and fruit

Saturday: 8 can taco soup

Sunday: Chicken and Cheese Casserole, green bean, corn, peaches

What are you eating this week? 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, edamame shells also have a lot of "fiber", so hopefully they didn't upset your stomachs! I love to buy the pre shelled kind at Trader Joes, and add it to salads for protein. I like it with plenty of salt, and in restaurants with some spice on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add - I love the MLK quote!

      Delete
    2. I only ate one as did everyone else except Jacob so no upset stomachs here. We know better for next time. LOL I haven't seen pre shelled ones.

      Delete
  2. Why are your schools in session today? Thank you for the menu ideas. Last night we had baked stuffed pork chops. I have no ideas, beyond baking a birthday cake for Boy-With-a-Plan. I have truly gone off cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have school today. Stuffed pork chops sound good!

      Delete
    2. I read that as "off to school." In my defense, it was still early here, and I didn't have my contacts in.

      Delete
  3. Your meals look fantastic! Okay, so is edamame different from snow peas? I really dislike snow peas and now I'm wondering if that's why? We're also having pork chops tonight but I'm taking advantage of nice weather to grill ours. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are different. I don't mind snow peas, but I don't buy them often.

      Delete
  4. I love edamame but always buy the shelled ones. I always wondered if anyone eats the pods, yuck. Your meals look great!

    ReplyDelete