Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Weigh In Wednesday #3 of 2023



Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Mine has been busy. I was on the go all day yesterday doing things (work, Aldi, getting my hair cut, choir practice, etc.). Today is also going to be busy as I need to run to Kroger to get some loss leaders, CVS to pick up meds, gas in my van, work, pick up 40 pounds of chicken that I ordered from a local butcher, and the usual running the kids around. It is my season of life and I am so very thankful that I get to be these kids' mom! 

I mentioned in my New Year's goal post that I wanted to hopefully lose weight this year. I am at the heaviest I have ever been, and I NEED to lose weight to get healthy. I am going to make Wednesdays my weigh in Wednesday day. So, this will be my weekly update. Today is weigh in #3 for the year.

The good things in my weight loss journey this week are: I have been doing very well with food journaling and exercising so far. I have also been able to get my goal of 64 ounces of water each day. So, yay! Go me! I have also been able to exercise most days. I am trying to exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes. This week that included riding my indoor exercise bike, working out on the Wii Fit, working out with dumbbells doing upper body exercises, and working out on my rowing machine.

The bad thing in my weight loss journey this week is that I was snacking way too much. I don't think that I ate a whole lot, given that I have to record it on my journal, however, there were lots of days where I was reaching for chocolate. Also, using my food journal, I definitely confirmed that I am stress eater. I also learned that I need to incorporate a healthy afternoon snack between lunch and dinner. Several days this past week, I didn't eat between lunch and dinner, and I was definitely moodier and hangrier. So that will be a goal for this coming week. 

So, taking into account the good and the bad, I guess it is time to get down to the facts and see if I lost any weight this week. 

My Starting Weight on 1/1/2023: 265.8lbs.
My weight last week: 262.8lbs
My weight this week: 260.6lbs.
Weight loss/gain from last week: -2.2lbs
Total weight loss Year to Date: -5.2lbs

Yay! Down another 2.2 pounds. That means that what I am doing is working even when I am snacking more. This week, I hope to cut back on the snacking and get back on track. I can continue to do this! I need to do this! 

Are you on a weight loss journey? If you are on a weight loss journey, how is it going?   


4 comments:

  1. You are doing amazing and making fantastic progress. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing progress. I too am a stress eater, and grab a handful of things that don't really address the need. Adding a healthy snack for you is probably going to cut your impulse for grabbing whatever. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so great! A journal really does help to keep us aware. I remember those days of mid afternoon carb crashes when I would grab something like a pastry to get me through the day. What helped me—I would say it took about two weeks to get the message to my brain—are snacks like cheddar cheese, apple slices, pork rinds (I know, but they satisfy my salty/crunchy craving with no carbs). Keep up the terrific work, especially the water. Taking off one pound a week means weighing 50 pounds less by Christmas! Cheering you on….Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Understanding where you are going astray is a huge help, and I also find food journaling super helpful. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete