Saturday, January 28, 2023

Solo and Ensemble Competition

Happy Saturday everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It ended up being a very busy day. I had to get some blood work done and a urine test done for my upcoming nephrology appointment. I went to the hospital and got it done. Then I had to head to work. Well, while I was at work, I got a call from the lab that they needed me to redo the urine test. So instead of having a lunch date with Bill after I got off work, I headed back to the hospital and did the urine test again. We decided to instead have a dinner date. So, after I came home from the hospital, I ate a quick lunch and then hung out with Bill and the kids after they got home from school. Bill and I ended up going out to the Chinese buffet for dinner, someplace we haven't been in a really long time. According to their sign it is actually the ET. LOL 




The food was really good. I found that I leaned more to the veggies. I was excited to see green beans and zucchini. Maybe my mentality towards food is changing, even though again this week has been tough with eating due to stress. 

Today has been crazy busy as well. I spent most of the day with Rebecca had the OMEA solo and ensemble event. Before the event there was some craziness. She was checking her texts at around 10:50 while I was ironing her dress she was going to wear. First came a plea for someone who could give a ride to one of the members of the ensemble, whose mom told her this morning she didn't have enough gas money to go to the competition and back. Several of the other girls were already at the competition, so couldn't. I said we could as long as she could be ready by 11:15. Well, then Rebecca was reading all the other texts and realized that everyone else in ensemble were wearing black and white. Well, she had planned on wearing the rust-colored dress she was wearing for her solo. So, we quickly found her black choir pants and I told her to text her friend we would get her closer to 11:30 as we had to make a quick stop at Walmart for a white or black shirt. Rebecca found a white sweater that is really cute and then we picked her friend up. Rebecca needed to be at the competition site at 12:24 and we pulled into the parking lot at 12:23. 

Last year Rebecca participated for the first time and did really well in her ensemble event. This year she competed in Solo. She performed "Florian's Song" and did AMAZING! She earned a 1, which is great and the top score. What was even better though was that while she was performing there was another performer in the room with her choir director and after Rebecca performed and we left the room, the other choir director stopped Rebecca's director and said, "I don't know that girl, but I heard her, and you need to make sure she continues singing." That compliment meant so much to Rebecca. 




She also performed with her ensemble, and they did wonderful as well. They also earned a 1, which is the top score. I am so proud of her.


 

Now we are home and exhausted and tired. However, it is a good exhaustion. 

Hope everyone else had a great Saturday! 

What were you up to today? 

11 comments:

  1. What a blessed day you had!
    Congratulations Rebecca, and to you too! I know what an effort this is for parents too. My children sang in the choir for many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome day and I really did enjoy it, even though it was tiring. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Rebecca! Your ET food looks super yummy ;) Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was yummy. We hadn't had chinese in a while so it hit the spot!

      Delete
  3. Adding my congratulations to Rebecca! That is terrific. Her sweater is really cute—very “on-trend” as they say. Have a great week. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger. She actually really likes the sweater and said she will wear it all the time. It was a great bargain for just going in and finding something that was kind of dressy and white. LOL

      Delete
  4. WooHoo Rebecca! I love Chinese food, we may stop for late lunch early dinner after the hubby's hand Dr appointment Monday. WAY TO GO MOM....how awesome you were to be able to get another child to the choir concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chinese food hit the spot! I try to be that mom for others, as I know not everyone has the parental support that I try to give my own kids.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to Rebecca! What a gift! Very proud of her! Your Chinese food looks great! We had it on Saturday night and it was so good. Praying for good test results!

    ReplyDelete