Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Weigh In Wednesday #2 of 2023



Happy Wednesday everyone! We made it to the middle of the week. Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions for using the Rotel and the green chiles. I will definitely be using some of the recommendations. 😊 

I mentioned in my New Year's goal post that I wanted to hopefully lose weight this year. I am at the heaviest I have ever been, and I NEED to lose weight to get healthy. I am going to make Wednesdays my weigh in Wednesday day. So, this will be my weekly update. Today is weigh in #2 for the year.

I have been doing well with food journaling and exercising so far. I have also been able to get my goal of 64 ounces of water each day. So, yay! Go me! I have also been able to exercise most days. I did take a rest day on Friday and yesterday as I was exhausted after work, and I took a nap on the couch instead of working out. I am not beating myself up over it though. I am trying to be good 90% of the time with both diet and exercise. That meant that there was no guilt when Bill and I went out on a date to Buffalo Wild Wings and I enjoyed onion rings and a chicken wrap with no regrets. 

With that being said... I guess it is time to get down to the facts and see if I lost any weight this week. 

My Starting Weight on 1/1/2023: 265.8lbs.
My weight this week: 262.8lbs.
Total weight loss: -3.0lbs

Yay! Down 3 pounds. That means that what I am doing is working. I have been focusing on drinking at least 64 ounces of water a day, eating more fruits and veggies, and trying to exercise for at least 20 minutes each day. I only missed exercising on Friday and yesterday as I was exhausted. I can continue to do this! I need to do this! 

Are you on a weight loss journey? If you are on a weight loss journey, how is it going?   


13 comments:

  1. I am not on a weight loss journey yet but will probably be trying soon. I was diagnosed with diabetes a year ago, so just learning all the new diet things I need to know was my first priority. I'd lost 85 pounds in the 8-10 months before I was diagnosed, ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks. Loved being that lovely low weight and skinny body but it was due to poor health. Most of that weight is back now, and coming back as just fat, not the muscle I'd lost. So yeah, it's going to be time to find ways to battle this but still be okay diabetes-wise. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard losing weight and trying to figure out health while dealing with a health diagnosis. You've got this!

      Delete
  2. Look at you go! Love your attitude about all this. And sometimes, especially as we hit the end of the week, our bodies need rest. That's important as well. Don't discount that. I'm trying to not focus on my weight this year in the usual ways but hoping by focusing more on other things (ie waiting between holidays for the goodies) that I'll naturally lose a little weight. And thank you for reminding me that I really do need to work on drinking more water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to remind myself that I may need more rest than I think as I am still dealing with health issues.

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Keep up the good (hard) work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! I'm trying to get back to regular habits (tracking, reduced snacking, consistent workouts) post holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good luck getting back into your regular habits.

      Delete
  5. Great job.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done, 3lbs is great keep up the good work. I will be back on the weight loss journey by the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh..you are off to such a fantastic start! I’m so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete