Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Weigh In Wednesday: #1 of 2023: The Starting Point


Happy Wednesday everyone! We made it to the middle of the week. Back to work went well for me yesterday, although it was a crazy day where I ended up going in early due to a broken freezer. It is what it is. Hopefully the repair man fixed it this time. Thankfully, though there were no issues with serving the kids and I got everything done on time. I was exhausted and hungry when I got off work, but I will get used to working again and I need to be aware of when I am working and maybe bring a snack (piece of fruit) to eat during a quick break. One of the biggest eye openers for me these first few days of 2023 as I focus on eating better and getting healthy, is how little fruit I eat. It has been a struggle for me to get even 2 servings in most days. So, if I bring a piece of fruit to have between eating breakfast around 7:45ish at home and then not eating lunch until almost 1:45PM, maybe that will help with the hunger issue. 

I also mentioned in my New Year's goal post that I wanted to hopefully lose weight this year. I am at the heaviest I have ever been, and I NEED to lose weight to get healthy. I am going to make Wednesdays my weigh in Wednesday day. So, this will be my weekly update. Today is going to be my starting point for the year.


 

Things that I will NOT be doing to lose weight include going on fad diets, counting calories, denying myself any food, cutting anything completely out of my diet, fasting, etc. Things that I WILL be doing include eating more veggies and fruits, drink at least 64 oz. of water a day, keeping a food journal, eating proper portions, exercising daily, etc. I have a couple of new tools that I will be using to help me... including a new water bottle that hopefully will keep me motivated and a new journal that my husband gifted me for Christmas that I have turned into my food journal and weight loss tracker. 





So, without further ado... I guess it is time to get down to the facts. 

My Starting Weight on 1/1/2023: 265.8lbs.
Total weight loss: -0

That is an ugly number. I am okay with it. I am not angry for being that high. It makes me sad. However, looking back at the last few years I have been through hell and a lot more physically and mentally. It is not an excuse, but it is what it is. Now it is time to right this ship and get back on track. I can do this! I need to do this! 

Are you on a weight loss journey? I would love to have some cheerleaders or buddies to go on this journey with!  


17 comments:

  1. Wishing you much luck with your goals. I will be more than happy to be your cheerleader. I need to be your buddy in weight loss but I do not want to post my journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be your cheerleader as well in this journey. I really didn't want to post my numbers either.

      Delete
  2. Sending you lots of good luck & energy. You've got this. I find that small tweaks work best. Start with one thing a week (or month) that you are going to change or adjust, and let that become a habit, then move on to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am working on the drinking enough water and making better choices this month. So far, so good.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited that you're posting your journey! I'll definitely be your buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping to do the same. Sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to lose weight, too, and intend to do so. I will be a buddy on the journey. Please consider have a bit of protein along with the fruit. It will keep up your energy. I wish I weighed as little as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for joining in on being a weight loss buddy. And yes the more I think about, if I do take fruit to work then I will also take a cheese stick or some nuts to go with it. You are right I need protein with it.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you are on a great track to being healthy (and I'm sure you'll lose some weight in the process). I, too, need to lose weight. My issue isn't really about eating enough fruits (probably could do better on the veggie side) so much as that I'm a stress eater. I need to just buy less crap for our household. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a stress eater as well. So I have decided that I will only buy snacks (like ice cream) that I don't particularly care for, for the kids and Bill. That should help with some of the stress dessert eating. So far it is working. I am also not going to deny myself a little piece of chocolate now and then. Last night I had a mini kit kat. It hit the spot for my craving and I only ate one! I am finding that I don't want to write down a crappy food choice in my new food journal because it is embarrassing to me so that helps me make a better choice.

      Delete
  7. I started my weight loss journey on Nov 30th. Every week, I set up a non food reward for my efforts. Instead of a weight in which could be discouraging if I haven't lost much or any, I use the tape measure to record my waist, hips, thighs and arms. Plus, I've been going more by how my clothes are getting looser. It's more motivating to see inches lost. I too gained 40+ pounds during Covid. I am slowly adding back in more exercise, skiing, biking and rejoined the gym to lift weights. I try to do some exercise every day. Plus, drink lots of water! I still have splurge days, you have to live a little too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of non-food rewards for your efforts. Sounds like you have a good plan in place for your life.

      Delete
  8. I would love to be your weight loss buddy! I also weighed myself on Wednesday (198.6) and I am committed to a weekly Wednesday weigh-in. I love your journal, I am going to make one of my own. Your views on weight loss are exactly like mine, no fads, just a commitment to healthy eating and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Welcome Donna! Good luck with your weight loss!

      Delete
  9. I started gaining weight when I hit perimenopause, and it's so hard to control. I think you're doing it the right way, but focusing on healthy eating and not fad diets. I think you'll succeed ♥

    ReplyDelete