Monday, January 9, 2023

Menu Plan Monday (Week 2 of 2023) and a question

Happy Monday everyone! Welcome to another week. Another week I have to feed the kids and husband. Another week to hopefully fix some good food. Last week, I brought back the Menu Plan Monday postings that will allow me to share what we ate and what I am planning on making. I love reading what others are cooking and getting inspiration from others for meals. Maybe by posting this I can be an inspiration to someone else.

Before I get on to my menu plan, I have a question... does anyone have any recipes using a can of Rotel or a can of green chiles? I was organizing my food pantry and I have an overabundance of Rotel and diced green chiles. I will make a Velveeta/Rotel dip for the Super Bowl, but other than that I am drawing a blank. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Ok, now let's get back to the menu plan...

So how did we do with last week's menu plan? 

Sunday: Pork and Peppers, green beans, mashed potatoes, applesauce, chocolate pie (The kids also had s'mores)

Monday: Copycat Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild rice Soup and croissants


Tuesday: 
Tex-Mex Tilapia, rice, corn on the cob, sliced cucumbers



Wednesday: Southwest Turkey Skillet (I topped mine with avocado slices), baked potatoes (made in air-fryer), salad



Thursday: Air fryer Chicken and Broccoli stir fry, rice, stir fry veggies, canned pears, carrots (for the ones who don't like broccoli), pineapple 



Friday: Make your own pizzas (mine had cheese, pepperoni, red onion, and red bell pepper) and apple slices



Saturday: Date night for Bill and me (We ended up going to Buffalo Wild Wings), hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for the kids


Sunday: 
Spaghetti with meat sauce, sauteed green beans (I microwaved a bag of green beans and then added about a TBSP of butter and some garlic powder to them-- they turned out so yummy!), and garlic bread


What are we eating this week?

Monday: smoked sausage and potato bake, French style green beans

Tuesday: Deluxe nachos 

Wednesday: Hamburger Helper and peas for Bill and the kids, leftovers for me

Thursday: Fish filets, baked potatoes (cooked in the air fryer again!), cole slaw, edamame

Friday: Pizza and fruit

Saturday: Chili and grilled cheese

Sunday: Turkey tenderloin, mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli

WHAT ARE YOU EATING THIS WEEK??


7 comments:

  1. What a yummy looking menu :)

    I actually have quite a few recipes using Tomatoes and Chilies, on my food blog. Here's the link....

    https://fullbellies.blogspot.com/search?q=diced+tomatoes+and+chilies

    Hope you find one you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Everything looks so good! Tonight's stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes, then also on the menu is chicken bowls, pizza, ziti, and something else I can't remember! Oh, wait! Broiled tilapia! I do better when I assign each weeknight a category. Casserole, Mexican, Fish, Pasta, Soup, etc. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Rotel to make enchiladas or burritos. It adds a bit of heat, but not too much. My burrito recipe is ground beef and onions, browned, Add drained Rotel (or salsa), sour cream, grated cheese. (Whatever cheese I have on hand.) Cook until cheese melts. Wrap in tortillas, (we prefer corn versus flour,) place in greased 10 x 13 pan. Here, I either put enchilada sauce, (if I have it) salsa, or the juice from the can of tomatoes on top, with some more grated cheese. Bake covered at 350 Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, uncover, bake for about 10 - 15 minutes more.
    I've also used the Rotel tomatoes in my pasta sauce.
    As for the can of green chiles, I use those in my Gazpacho....14 oz. can of tomatoes undrained, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 cup croutons (or bread crumbs) 2 Tbsp Olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, (or garlic if I have it), a bunch of cilantro, (snip it) and a can of chile peppers, mixed in a blender. Refrigerate for about 2 hours. If I have cooked, peeled shrimp, I add those to the bowls before I serve it. (I change the recipe each time I make it based on what I have on hand...it's a rough take on the Betty Crocker's Cookbook Gazpacho recipe.)

    Our meals: Last night was a nice roasted chicken meal. Tonight is battered shrimp with either homemade sweet potato wedges, or frozen steak fries. Tomorrow is chicken pot pie. Going forward we have frozen pizza, salmon, baked ziti (leftover in the freezer) and maybe steak, or pot roast, as I have a lot of beef roasts and steaks in the freezer. I've also had a request for tuna casserole. Currently in the refrigerator is some leftover risotto, as well as leftover slow-cooked pork and sauerkraut. Both have been getting eaten for lunches, particularly the risotto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make taco stuffed peppers with Rotel. They have become a family favorite!
    1 lb ground beef or Turkey
    1 cup cooked white rice (I add more because I love rice)
    1 can Rotel
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    4 bell peppers (I use red and orange)
    Shredded cheddar cheese

    Cut tops and clean out peppers
    Boil peppers for 5 minutes
    Cook beef, add taco seasoning Rotel and rice.
    Stuff peppers with beef mixture
    Top with cheese
    Bake in 8x8 square pan at 350 for 25-30 minutes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make this often my son loves it. I use corn tortillas and I will make extra to freeze. https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/white-chicken-enchiladas/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love menu posts! Glad you brought them back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don'r eat rotel or green chilies. This week, we are finishing up leftovers, have plenty of salad. Maybe Saturday I will cook a huge package of bscb and skinless thighs together. I have about six baked turkey breasts in the freezer so we will eat cheaply and well. I paid $1.49/lb, Plus, I have several bags of frozen ham. I will bake sweet potatoes since we have plenty. Canned green beans always fill out meals well. Plus, I have potatoes, carrots and many bags of salad.

    ReplyDelete