Monday, January 2, 2023

Menu Plan Monday

Happy Monday all! Today is the last day of Christmas break from school/work for the kids and I. Tomorrow, we go back to our crazy routines and schedules. I am so not looking forward to that. 😛 It has been really nice, just resting and going at our own pace these last 2 weeks and just not stressing over things. However, it is back to reality tomorrow. 

We did have some last-minute fun last night for the new year, as we used my new indoor smores maker that the kids got me for Christmas. It was fun and I can see us bringing this out when the kids have friends over. It was a last moment of enjoying our break.



 

For now, it's back to life, back to reality. (Do you now have that song in your head? LOL) Part of that reality is to make sure that I am prepped for meals and have a plan in place for eating (especially since a lot of my 2023 goals are based on eating healthier.) I figured it is time to bring back the Menu Plan Monday postings that will allow me to share what we ate and what I am planning on making. I love reading what others are cooking and getting inspiration from others for meals. Maybe by posting this I can be an inspiration to someone else.

Before I post our menu, I wanted to share a breakfast that I have been enjoying the last few days. A piece of whole wheat toast topped with half an avocado, topped with an egg. Served with a side of sweet potato hash (sweet potatoes, zucchini and onion sauteed in a little olive oil). It is so yummy, and I find it keeps me full until lunchtime. 


So here is my 1st Menu Plan Monday of 2023: 

Sunday: Pork and Peppers, green beans, mashed potatoes, applesauce, chocolate pie



Monday: Copycat Panera Cream of Chicken and Wild rice Soup and croissants

Tuesday: Tex-Mex Tilapia, rice, corn on the cob, sliced cucumbers

Wednesday: Southwest Turkey Skillet, baked potatoes (made in air-fryer), salad

Thursday: Air fryer Chicken and Broccoli stir fry, rice, stir fry veggies, canned pears

Friday: Make your own pizzas and apple slices

Saturday: Date night for Bill and me, hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for the kids

Sunday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, sauteed green beans, and garlic bread

WHAT ARE YOU EATING THIS WEEK??



13 comments:

  1. That smores maker looks like lots of fun! Your breakfast sounds yummy (skip the avocado on mine). Keeping it pretty simple this week. I threw a roast in the crockpot for today since it's foggy and rainy out. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got adult kids by Wednesday for a week, so likely some eating out. I'm making a turkey dinner Sunday, likely a turkey breast and leg not a whole bird, but need to buy still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one of the s'mores makers years ago. SO MUCH FUN! Last night we had steak. Tonight is orange ginger salmon. That's as far as I've gotten for the week. I really want risotto, but it's not DH's favorite, to say the least. Going forward in the week, I might make a pasta with meat sauce, baked stuffed pork chops, and perhaps a roast chicken dinner for the weekend. DH has also been requesting chili, but I despise it, so I may make a taco soup instead as a compromise. (I actually dislike most soups, frankly.) A kid requested lentils and rice as well, which is certainly easy enough, but not really a favorite among the others. Good luck with your return to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had risotto. Could you make risotto for yourself and chili for your husband on the same night?

      Delete
    2. I COULD, as risotto is a cooktop meal, and chili a slow cooker meal. But, sometimes I can be cranky, and claim chef's privilege. Risotto is very easy: Saute chicken, onions, green onions, shallots, (and any other vegetable, like carrots or celery if you choose,) until onions are transparent. Add garlic, if using, (w use lots) and a can of mushrooms if desired. Add rice, stirring constantly until all liquid is absorbed by the rice. Then, slowly add chicken broth about 1/4 cup at a time, until rice is the right texture (about a 1:3 ratio of rice to liquid.) Then add grated cheese. (I use Kerrygold Dubliner.) Takes about 20 minutes or so at the stove. The slow addition of the liquid causes the rice to release its carbohydrates to make a creamy texture. The first time I had risotto was in a pub in London, years ago. I've never made any that good, but it is one of my favorite meals.

      Delete
  4. I hope the return to school/work goes smoothly, and so glad you enjoyed the time off! I have enjoyed reading about your Christmas vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your food looks SO good! Do you have a recipe for the pork and peppers? And now I’m pretty sure I need a S’more’s maker! 😁 I sure hope y’all have a great first day back. You are giving me lots of good inspiration for meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post the pork and peppers recipe later this week for you :)

      Delete
  6. As much as I like chocolate and graham crackers and marshmallows, I cannot stand smores. But, I think I need that s'mores maker. All your meals look very healthy for growing children. And, they make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny enough I'm not a fan of s'mores, I find them too sweet and can only handle one bite lol My family thinks I'm crazy. But that s'mores maker looks like fun. Yummy looking menu!!!

    ReplyDelete