Monday, January 30, 2023

Menu Plan Monday #5 of 2023

Happy Monday! Today is the last Monday of January. I can't believe January is almost over. Man has it been a crazy month. This weekend was busy, and this week also looks like it will be quite busy. The kids have a lot of after school stuff, I have a doctor's appointment and a meeting, work, etc. Such is the phase of life that I am in. If you read my last post, then you know that I took some time yesterday to prep some fresh veggies and salads for this week's lunches as a way to get ahead. Another way that I am keeping my sanity is by knowing what is for dinner each night and not having to make last minute decisions on what to cook. 

This year, I am bringing back the Menu Plan Monday postings that will allow me to share what we ate and what I am planning on making. I love reading what others are cooking and getting inspiration from others for meals. Maybe by posting this I can be an inspiration to someone else. 

Before we get to the menu plan, I thought I'd share something lighthearted. 



Ok, now let's get back to the menu plan...

So how did we do with last week's menu plan? 
 
Monday: meatloaf, julienne potatoes, peas, roasted broccoli applesauce.



Tuesday: Soft tacos and Mexican corn




Wednesday: Crockpot lasagna soup and garlic bread



Thursday: Pork and Peppers, macaroni and cheese mashed potatoes, sauteed  french style green beans




Friday: Pizza for the kids. Bill and I had a date night at the local Chinese buffet. 




Saturday: I am not sure yet, as Rebecca has solo and ensemble choir competition, and the boys have basketball. Rebecca and I ended up having Wendy's for dinner. Bill and the boys had McDonald's after the boys' games. (Sorry no photo!) 

Sunday: Ritz Cracker Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, and Veggies of some sort (I ended up microwaving a bag of Asian mix veggies) 




What are we eating this week?

 
Monday: Crockpot Potato Soup and rolls

Tuesday: Fiesta Chicken in the Crockpot and Rice

Wednesday: Chicken Pot Pie and Salad

Thursday: Pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, maybe rolls

Friday: Pizza and fruit

Saturday: I am not sure yet. Maybe pasta bake? 

What are you eating this week? 

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I couldn't agree more with the light hearted funny you shared! Always want to prep for the week but never seem to manage it on a consistent basis. It really does make things easier. Impressed how well you stuck to your menus. I've been craving minestrone soup like crazy so that's what we're having tonight. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would love to have that printed and hanging in my kitchen!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete