Monday, January 23, 2023

Menu Plan Monday #4 of 2023

Happy Monday everyone! It was a low-key weekend here, with basketball for the boys on Saturday and then church on Sunday.




We were home the rest of Sunday as it was snowing and cold. We got a few inches of snow and it was quite pretty. I took a nap in the afternoon and just rested. 



It was a nice weekend, given that this week is going to be quite busy. Although today just got a little easier. The kids and I have a snow day! The roads were too icy this morning for buses to run, so we went from a 2 hour delay day to a no school day. I still have to go out later to take Jacob to a doctor's appointment, but now I don't need to worry about picking him up early from school, etc. I guess that means I need to spend some time straightening up the house and doing laundry. But before I do that, I wanted to jump on here and post my menu plan (to keep up with my 365 blogging!)  

This year, I am bringing back the Menu Plan Monday postings that will allow me to share what we ate and what I am planning on making. I love reading what others are cooking and getting inspiration from others for meals. Maybe by posting this I can be an inspiration to someone else. 

Before we get to the menu plan, I thought I'd share something lighthearted. 



Ok, now let's get back to the menu plan...

So how did we do with last week's menu plan? 

Monday: Pork Chops with squash and spinach (this is a new recipe), Velveeta mac-n-cheese, peas, applesauce cup
(The pork chop recipe was okay. I liked it somewhat. The rest of the family didn't like the veggies on top. They thought the pork was okay. I have other recipes for pork chops that we like so much better. )


 

Tuesday: Wendy's for Bill and the boys; Jersey Mike's for Rebecca and me (we had a busy night.) (I had a turkey and provolone sub with lettuce, tomato, onion and a little bit of their pepper relish with a dash of the spices they use on wheat bread. I discovered Jersey Mike's pepper relish on this trip, and it is so good on the sub that I didn't miss the oil and vinegar! I skipped the oil and vinegar trying to make it a little bit healthier.)  



Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner-- Pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausage, and fruit


Thursday: Red bag chicken sandwiches, salad, french fries



Friday: Make your own pizzas and fruit. I ended up making homemade pizzas with Walmart dough, freshly shredded cheese and pepperoni. They were really yummy. 




Saturday: 8 can taco soup




Sunday: Chicken and Cheese Casserole, green bean, corn, peaches



What are we eating this week?
 
Monday: meatloaf, julienne potatoes, peas, roasted broccoli applesauce.

Tuesday: Soft tacos and Mexican corn

Wednesday: Crockpot lasagna soup and garlic bread

Thursday: Pork and Peppers, macaroni and cheese, sauteed green beans

Friday: Pizza

Saturday: I am not sure yet, as Rebecca has solo and ensemble choir competition, and the boys have basketball. 

What are you eating this week? 

8 comments:

  1. We had a Sunday roast beef dinner last night Saturday I popped a frozen pizza in the oven. Friday was cottage pie made with leftovers from a beef pot roast--don't know what day that happened. Beyond that, I can't remember--spaghetti with meatballs was one night, as IDD and I took the leftovers to Girl, in an oven ready container, to heat up in her new kitchen. This week? Risotto (kid request), baked tilapia with roasted potatoes, maybe a beef pot pie with last night's leftovers, and that's all I have. I just don't feel like cooking much these days. BUT, I did do some baking--peanut butter cookies, and a nice cranberry-orange-walnut bread, with cranberries I found hiding in the refrigerator!
    Total change of subject: In a previous post, you mentioned your daughter receiving college information. Well, we're always willing to welcome another member to the long blue line...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranberry-orange-walnut bread sounds so good! And believe me, her Uncle has already been touting Marietta to her ;)

      Delete
  2. I am hopeless at planning meals out for the rest of the week. I did make a crustless quiche using pureed cottage cheese, onions and eggs for supper with salad tonight. We're trying to eat a bit healthier at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also trying to eat healthier, but also please the family. It is a hard balance.

      Delete
  3. I love Jersey Mikes. It depends on the oil as to whether it is healthy or not. Oil and vinegar are healthier than creamy dressings. All those pictures make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at their nutrition value. It seems like the oil is more veg oil than olive oil. It is a mixture and not pure olive oil. If it was pure olive oil I would have had it added. I usually do get the oil and vinegar but am trying to be a little healthier. The relish added a lot of flavor and hardly any calories.

      Delete
  4. Your menus always sound so good and look so well balanced. We're having spaghetti tonight but I really need to figure out something to do with a grocery store chicken I bought on Sunday night that we didn't end up eating yesterday. Might just make chicken chili and throw it in the freezer for another day. Hope your week is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes this weekend. It was new to us and we really enjoyed it!
    Do you have a favorite meatloaf recipe? Hubby has been craving it but I usually just buy the Stouffers frozen kind. I'd like to make some myself and am curious about everyone's recipes.

    ReplyDelete