Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Weigh In Wednesday #4 of 2023



Happy Wednesday everyone! Sorry this post is going up late today. We woke up to a snow day today. It snowed around 3-4 inches between 3AM and 7AM this morning and then it changed over to freezing rain and then rain off and on during the day. So school was closed, which is our 2nd snow day this week. The kids and I just hung out at home. I did some laundry, baked some pumpkin bread, made lasagna soup in the crockpot and just puttered around. 

I mentioned in my New Year's goal post that I wanted to hopefully lose weight this year. I am at the heaviest I have ever been, and I NEED to lose weight to get healthy. I am going to make Wednesdays my weigh in Wednesday day. So, this will be my weekly update. Today is weigh in #4 for the year.

The good things in my weight loss journey this past week were: I was aware of the food choices that I was making. I did well when ordering food from Jersey Mike's (skipped the oil and vinegar, ordered wheat bread, etc.) Was able to hit my water goal every day but 1. 

The bad things in my weight loss journey this week were: I ate out too much. I had Jersey Mike's one day, McDonald's one day, and Wendy's twice. I wasn't able to exercise most days due to my back hurting. I didn't journal my food on Sunday. I just wasn't in the mood. I snacked WAY too much on chocolate. 

So, taking into account the good and the bad, I guess it is time to get down to the facts and see if I lost any weight this week. 

My Starting Weight on 1/1/2023: 265.8lbs.
My weight last week: 260.6lbs
My weight this week: 262.8lbs.
Weight loss/gain from last week: +2.2lbs
Total weight loss Year to Date: -3.0lbs

I am not surprised that I gained weight this week. I expected it. Now I need to get back on track with journaling and exercising. I need to do this. I can do this. 

Are you on a weight loss journey? If you are on a weight loss journey, how is it going?   


6 comments:

  1. Not to make excuses, but winter makes exercising hard and comfort food so enticing. Don't let it get you down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im actually not that upset about it. I kind of feel like, okay it is what it is, now let's move on.

      Delete
  2. I'm on week#9 of my weight loss journey. There are always going to be splurge days where you eat out, take a break, but it's all part of the journey to also maintain after weight loss. You have to live a little too and not punish yourself for any set backs. I always know weekends with eating out are going to be a higher calorie days. I plan for them by pre-planning what I'll eat out, sharing a meal, and making sure I get in some exercise to off set the extra calories. So far, I'm down at least 20 pounds. I also don't weight myself. I don't want the scale to punish me. Instead I use the good old tape measure to track inches lost on my waist, thighs, arms and hips. Much better for my mental health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job on your weight loss. I don't weigh myself daily, just once a week.

      Delete
  3. I think it's always harder when we don't feel 100%. Hope your back is feeling better this week. Fast food is hard to avoid and then, I think that it messes with your appetite so you actually end up hungrier or craving more junky food. We had fast food for lunch yesterday and then, dinner didn't sound good at all. The old cliche marathon not a sprint came to mind reading your post. Next week will be better. At least you're getting on a scale, I'm still kind of scared to look at mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back was doing better, then it seized up again tonight :( Not sure what is going on with it. I agree with your idea that eating fast food makes us want more junky food.

      Delete