Friday, January 20, 2023

Crazy weather, chicken and a hurting back

Happy Friday everyone! Are you having crazy weather where you are? Here in our part of Ohio, yesterday we had a picture-perfect day. Sunny. Blue sky. fluffy clouds. Temperatures in the low 60s (62 degrees Fahrenheit). 



Then last night we had a front come through. Thankfully without the severe storms the weather people were predicting. Then the cold came in. Today, it was 32 degrees, cloudy, and snowy off and on all day long. It was cold and damp. Crazy weather. 



Weather aside, how was your week? Mine was okay. The biggest things that I did this week was pick up and process 40 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts that I ordered at $1.67 a pound from a local meat market. It took me about an hour and half to process it. I left some whole breasts, cubed up some, make some into strips, and I put 5 pounds into the crockpot to make shredded chicken for use in enchiladas, soups, etc. Now I have tons of chicken in the freezer for future meals. 


I felt accomplished. However, I did somehow hurt my back while I was processing it. At one point, my back started spazzing out and I could barely move. Two days later it is still hurting, so I have been sitting with a heating pad and laying down. 

Due to my back pain, this week has been a downer week. I haven't been able to exercise the last few days. I am snacking more because I am down. It is what it is, I guess. Not every day is going to be rainbows and sunshine. Hopefully, I will get it turned back around tomorrow. 

For now, I am off to bed for the night. Have a good night everyone! 

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow a buck 67 is a steal for that. I would be putting up 40 pounds of it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I picked it up, there was a woman in front of me who ordered 160 pounds of the chicken. Apparently this meat market tries to have this sale 2 times a year. I have never ordered before so I only ordered one box of 40 pounds. Next time I might get 2 boxes. I will see how long it lasts.

      Delete
  2. For that price, I would buy 40 pounds, too. It looks like good eating in the future. Rest your back, heat, maybe aspirin. I hope it gets better sooner. I know how miserable a hurt back can be. Maybe it is your shoes if you were only putting up chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using heat on my back. Thankfully today it has only hurt a little bit and is feeling somewhat better. I only had once where it was spazzing out a ton. But I was also sitting most of the day at basketball for my boys.

      Delete
  3. That is a great deal on the chicken. I did something similar to my back, when I was scooping water in buckets during the flood last weekend. It was miserable, but I'm finally feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your back is feeling better. Sore backs are the worst. Great to have the freezer stocked though.

    ReplyDelete