5 Question Friday---Get to know me better!
1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
As a former K-2 teacher, I do not think cursive is overrated. I love seeing the different handwriting styles of my former students. That being said, I know why some school districts are taking it out of the curriculum due to the increase in use of computers and bad handwriting by some students. I do not think it is overrated and if my daughter's school decides to take it out of the curriculum, then I WILL teach her cursive at home. It is a skill that needs to be learned in my opinion.
2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
Well considering I do not have a smart phone, I do use a notepad and a wall calender. Even if I did have a smart phone I would probably still use paper and pencil. I am old fashioned like that. There is something to seeing everything written out on a wall calender that makes me feel organized and good.
3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
My kids' baby books, photo albums, and our lock box with birth certificates, SS cards, etc in it.
4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Little bit of both. Right now we live in a small city, which my hubby thinks is living in the country. I lived in a BIG city for much of my life and I feel so much more at home here in the little city. So probably more country than city, but not all the way country.
5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
Probably, The Biggest Loser. I have struggled with my weight most of my life and would love to just get it together.
So there you have it. There is a little bit of me, in the answers to 5 questions. :)