Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday (1/8/2018)

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and was able to stay warm. Mine was good for the most part. I forced Bill and the kids to go to Honey Run Waterfalls on Saturday to see the frozen falls. We were outside about 30 minutes, while it was a balmy 10 degrees! LOL The kids had fun and it was very beautiful (if you would like to see some of the scenery, please check out yesterday's posting). 

Now here we are back to Monday. It has been a while since I have participated in the Happy Homemaker Monday theme hosted by the lovely Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. I had thought about trying something new on Mondays, but the more I thought about it the more that I like having these little snapshots of what I am doing this week to look back on, so for now I have decided to stay with it.

So with that being said, let's get to it: 





The Weather::: All I can say for today's weather is YUCK!!! In fact, the kids have a snow day today due to a layer of ice and then snow. Here is the view out of my front window and I live on a main road in town: 

Thankfully it is supposed to warm up later this week, but rain. I will take it as long as our wind chills can stay above zero! 

Right now I am::: sitting here at the dining room table typing this up, listening to Benjamin playing his v-reader game, Jacob talking to Bill (who just got home from work) and Rebecca is playing with her robot that she built. 

Thinking::: I am thinking about what I want to get done today since it is a bonus day with no tutoring or babysitting due to weather so I have time to tackle a cleaning/organizing project. I am thinking about tackling Rebecca's bedroom. 

On my reading pile:::



On my TV::: The Crown, National Championship college football game, the NFL playoffs

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other)::: I really have enjoyed looking at the bird photos that Jean over at So NOT Organized has been sharing.

On the menu for this week:::
Monday
- Minestrone soup (new recipe) and grilled ham and cheese
Tuesday - Meatloaf, cheesy potatoes, broccoli, salad
Wednesday - Chicken enchiladas and corn
Thursday - Hamburger Helper and peas
Friday - Pizza rolls and fruit
Saturday - Steakums and onion rings
Sunday -
Turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans

On my to do list:::
For today: laundry, Ben to speech, all 3 kids have basketball practice, plan tutoring for Wednesday and Thursday, make Rebecca lunch for tomorrow as she has seminar, clean bathrooms, put old recycling bin out to be picked up
Tuesday: Kids to school, Babysit A, walk, laundry, housework
Wednesday: Kids to school, walk?, babysit A, tutor I, trash and recycling out
Thursday: Kids to school, babysit A, Battle of the books meeting with team,  tutor N and S/N
Friday: No school for the kiddos, Jacob doc appt. 
Saturday: basketball games for all 3

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

I HAVE to get working on getting my recipe printouts into a binder. 
Looking around the house:::

House doesn't look too bad. Rebecca has some robot making stuff on the table. There are dishes that need to be put in the dishwasher from breakfast. Overall though it is still pretty picked up


From the camera:::
Some photos from our Saturday hike to the frozen waterfalls






On my prayer list:::
My hubby as he searches for a new job. My neighbor who is battling cancer. A blogging friend, Sonya Ann for the turmoil in her life.  Those who are traveling today in this messy weather. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::


Source



Here's to a great Monday and good start to everyone's week! 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my bird photos and my blog! Your photo out your front window looks like a proper winter photo, all we have currently is brown and a little bit of wet sidewalks left (thankfully, it's warmed up here enough that ice isn't an issue anymore. I really should get out). Hope you enjoy your snow day and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. I think later in the week it is supposed to warm up a little and be rainy, so I think we will be brown and gross sooner rather than later. LOL

      Delete
  2. Yuck is right! We've had sleet, and snow, and ice, and rain all in the last two hours, bleh!
    Stay warm, stay off the roads as much as you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what happened this morning. Started out as rain, then sleet, then 2 inches of snow over the course of 4-5 hours. I didn't go out until tonight when I had to take the kids to basketball practice. The main roads weren't too bad, but the side roads and parking lot where nothing but sheets of ice. Glad to be back home tonight! Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. Those falls are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey Run is one of my favorite places in our county! :)

      Delete
  4. Love a cozy, productive snow day!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. Hope you have a great day as well!

      Delete
  5. I agree with you on the weather! I am over Winter!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete