Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #5 of 2018

Source


Happy Wednesday!  I figured out what we are doing wrong. We aren't taking into account the weather, our crazy lives and I have no idea what the curve is. LOL If only it were that complicated. But in real life it isn't that complicated to figure out our weight. We can step on a scale and voila, there it is in black and white. Sometimes the number is not good, sometimes the number is great. Personally, I am trying to remember that it is just a number and it doesn't define who I am as a person. As a woman it is hard for me to see those higher numbers on the scale, but I have to also remember that it isn't the number really that is the greatest factor, it is how I feel. I know that I feel better when the number is lower, so that is my motivation.   

Speaking of numbers,
let's get on to see where the weight numbers stand this week....


Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 236.8
My weight this week: 234.2
Weight loss from last week: -2.6 pounds! *Happy dance*
Total weight loss for 2018: -6.8 pounds! 

Whoo-hooo! I am down a little over 2 and a half pounds! I attribute this to not eating out and trying really hard not to binge eat on sugar at night time. Unlike last week, where we ate out several times, this week I had 2 donuts after church and we didn't eat anything else out at all (even though there was one day where Bill wanted to get McDonalds and I reminded him that I wasn't eating fast food). All meals were made at home. I am finding that I prefer my cooking over eating out. It is really funny but my food just tastes better. I will admit that there was some indulgences in there...Saturday night we had friends over and I had a Mike's Hard Lemonade and my friend made cookie dough pie (basically a cookie dough crust, topped with chocolate pudding and whipped cream) and I had a piece of that. Then I had another piece on Monday night to finish it off. So I am not depriving myself, I am just trying to eat everything in moderation, because if I cut something out completely then I will binge on it. Now to keep up the momentum....

Source

On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

On Friday we took the kids to the path and walked for a little over 2 miles. The sun was out and it wasn't too cold. On our walk Ben wanted to take a selfie with me. The first one the sun was behind us, oops. 

The second one came out much better! 



Then on Sunday we went to Ariel-Foundation Park and walked around. It was probably between 1.5 and 2 miles. I am not sure as my mapmywalk app on my phone paused 4 minutes in and I didn't realize it until I took my phone out to take some pictures and we had probably been walking 15/20 minutes at that point. 


Two walks get added to my total this week. So that means I am at 6 out of 156 workout walks completed for the year! This number may seem low, but honestly I expect it to be with winter. I am not going to let myself get discouraged.

So that was this week's Weigh In Wednesday-- overall, a very good week for me and I am happy with it. If you are trying to lose weight or get healthier, how is your journey going so far?




4 comments:

  1. Yay you!!!
    I love what you said about the number on the scale being just that....a number.
    I am really trying to watch what I eat...but it isn't that fun!!!
    Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job your doing. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for your weight loss, and even happier that I did not find it. I never do well with a January diet so mine starts tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Love the toothless pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing it Rachel! Great job! And, thanks for reminding me that I am not just the number that the scale reads! I really really needed that this week! =)

    ReplyDelete