Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #3 of 2018


Source
Happy Wednesday! This post is going up a little later than I wanted as my kids have a 2 hour delay again for school today. It is still really cold out (currently it is 7 degrees but feels like 1) and the roads are still snow covered. Winter can go away now! Anyhow--- let's get on to see where the weight stands this week.... 


Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 237.0
My weight this week: 235.6
Weight loss from last week: -1.4
Total weight loss for 2018: -5.4 pounds! :-) :-) 

Yay! I will admit I wasn't sure what the scale would read this morning as this has been a stressful week. I did well with eating meals with lots of veggies thrown in. I did have a few occasional snacking bouts as things are pretty stressful here and that is a coping mechanism of mine. My husband is really having a rough time with his job right now and to say my stress level is through the roof would be an understatement. I tried to curb the cravings but it was really hard. 

Source

On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

This week, I didn't get to take any walks as the weather was snowy and freezing cold. I did get to go out and play in the snow though with the kids on Sunday, so that was something. Being chased around and getting hit by snowballs has to count, right? LOL 



So that means I am still at 2 out of 156 workouts completed for the year! 

So that was this week's Weigh In Wednesday. If you are trying to lose weight or get healthier, how is your journey going so far?




6 comments:

  1. congrats! Great job on the weight loss. I too am a stress eater. I have to work on that :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my biggest problems; when I am stressed I crave sugary carbs. :-( Something I am trying to really work on.

      Delete
  2. Great job! I know how hard it is! I started trying to lose weight after finding out I had high blood pressure. I started cutting out salt, then tried eliminating cookies, chips, pasta and bread as best as I could. I lost a couple of pounds already, but I don't want to get too crazy because Monday I have a weigh in to start the Scale Back Alabama weight loss challenge and my team partner is my manager at work. I have a few more days to binge if I want, but I'm trying to be good. I figure I will drink lots of water before the weigh in to give myself a head start. lol. I will drag my mini stepper out from under the bed and get going on that next week too. I cannot lose weight by diet alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that the Scale Back Alabama challenge. That sounds interesting and a good motivator.

      Delete
  3. Yay for the weight loss! And while you may not have "officially" walked this week, playing out in the snow counts for something! And better yet, it's quality time with your kiddos! Have a great week this week! =)

    ReplyDelete