Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #1 of 2018

Yesterday I shared my goals for 2018. Many of those goals revolve around making me into a better, healthier person. One of the goals is to lose 40 pounds this year. So in order to keep me accountable to this goal, I have decided to bring back my "Weigh In Wednesday" postings. I did them through 3/4 of last year and then life happened and it fell by the wayside. 

Well, this is a new year so a new start. Time to begin again. So this week's weigh in is my official starting point of this new journey.

But before I get to the weigh in, let me share this funny cartoon that I found:

Source

This is how I felt when I stepped onto the scale this morning. It was not pretty at all. I knew I had gained back the weight that I lost last year. 

So without further ado, here is my starting point for 2018 (Please excuse the lack of polish on my toes, I really need to do a pedicure soon):


Official starting weight (1/3/18): 241.0

Eek! I have some work to do. This week, I am focusing on not drinking any pop, as I have been drinking LOTS of regular soda, so am trying to only drink water. So far, so good. I will be meal planning for next week tomorrow so I can decide what kind of meals I would like to prepare to help, hopefully.

I would love to be able to go walk, but with wind chills in the negative teens and below, it probably isn't a good idea, so I am focusing on trying eat better this week rather than trying to do too much at one time.  

Are you trying to lose weight this year? What are you planning to do to help lose the weight?

11 comments:

  1. I know you'll be able to do this! Thinking I may join you in the Weigh In Wednesday though I'm not as brave to post my scale readings on my blog. My goal is lose 18 lbs this year (you know for 2018!) and then if I happen to go over that (because I do need to lose quite a bit more than that #), it will just be a wonderful extra. Right now I'm trying to do a sugar free detox thing (thankfully, it's not a cut the sugar cold turkey thing) and drink more water. Plus, I realized I really need to get our family back to eating more "real" foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also thinking I need to get the family eating better. We have resorted to way too many processed foods, but with our schedules I guess that is better than nothing. I don't know. Good luck and thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. If you get headaches from the caffeine withdrawal w/going soda-free, try iced tea w/no sweetening. If the taste is a bit much for you, add some lemon juice or a splash of OJ.....better than suffering those headaches.
    You'll do this, I have confidence. And if you don't hit 40 lbs. whatever you do lose is great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think about iced tea to help with the caffeine headache. Tuesday night it was bad, and everyone seemed to say drink the pop to get rid of the headache but I didn't. Instead I added a little mio energy to my water and that helped. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. I agree with it being way to cold to outside and walk! I've been doing the Leslie Sansone Walking DVD's. Wal-mart stocks a few different ones for around $10. I'm sure you could also order one. I have a couple different DVD's to mix it up every now and then. Good luck and I'll be posting my Saturday Weigh-in. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of her dvds here at home, but I just can't seem to get motivated to do them. I much prefer walking outside. LOL

      Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  4. I'll be joining you with the Weigh In Wednesday posts next week! I gotta get my act together and lose this extra blubber! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guide for choosing the best cardio fitness equipment to suit your home gym needs. weight loss books 2018

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr.Agbazara is a great man,this doctor help me to cure my wife's insanity/madness."Jenny williams" who totally went insane 2year ago, with his powerful spell casting and today she's healed and normal again. so if you need his help contact him on email: ( agbazara @ gmail. com ) or call/WhatsApp +2348104102662. And get your problem solve like my wife case.


    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here to share a few story on how I save my marriage from going through a divorce, it all started when I find out that my husband was cheating on me and I already have two kids for him, so I don't want the marriage to be broken because if that happens it will be a big load on me taking care of the kids alone for that not to happen, I went searching for solution to make him love me again and stop cheating that is how I came across Dr Ekpen online on what he has done for a lot of people so I contacted him for help and he helped me to cast a love spell on him to love only me and stop cheating. You can contact him today if you are having the same challenges in your relationship on ekpentemple@gmail.com and you will be clad you did.

    ReplyDelete