Monday, January 22, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday (1/22/2018)

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I know mine was BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. The kids had their first basketball games on Saturday so that meant I was at the court for most of the day. Saturday night Bill and I had date night at home and after the kids went to bed, we did too. We were exhausted and we were both asleep by 9PM. Lol. Sunday we had to go to the early mass so that Rebecca could serve and my  5th grade PSR class was lecturing and singing so I had to be there. Then we had PSR, ran some errands, took a long walk, watched football and planned for this week. It was crazy busy.  
Now here we are back to Monday. I have taken the kids to school, went to the bank, Walmart, Aldi, and got gas for the van so far. I just ate my breakfast, started a load of laundry and now I am typing this up to once again participate in the Happy Homemaker Monday theme hosted by the lovely Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

So with that being said, let's get to it: 






The Weather::: It is supposed to be 62 degrees today!! Can you tell that I am happy? :) :) Yesterday it was 45 and it felt great outside. It is already 50 degrees outside. We are supposed to get rain later and then tomorrow it is supposed to turn back to snow, but I will take the warmer weather when I can! 


Right now I am::: sitting here at the dining room table typing this up, having just finished breakfast and starting a load of laundry. I have Pandora playing in the background since I am the only one home at the moment (well except for the kitties!). 

Thinking::: I am thinking about what I need to get done today before I go tutor. I am waiting on Bill to get home as he is at work.   

On my reading pile:::






On my TV::: The Crown, Apollo 13 on Netflix (my all time favorite movie!), This is Us (I just started watching it and am 3 episodes in).

My simple pleasure::: Watching my kiddos play sports. On Saturday the kids had their first basketball games for the season and they all had so much fun.





On the menu for this week:::

Monday
- BBQ pork sandwiches, green beans, corn
Tuesday - turkey smoked sausage bake, green beans, salad
Wednesday - BBQ pork nachos 
Thursday - Fish stick, baked potato, applesauce, salad?
Friday - Pizza and fruit
Saturday - Pancakes, bacon, fruit
Sunday -
Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic rolls

On my to do list:::
For today: Kids to school, Walmart and Aldi run, laundry, walk, tutor P, Ben to speech, all 3 kids have basketball practice
Tuesday: Kids to school, housework, Jacob has his first Reconciliation at church
Wednesday: Kids to school, babysit A, tutor I, trash and recycling out
Thursday: Kids to school, babysit A, Battle of the books meeting with team, tutor N, S, and N
Friday: Babysit A, Pay bills, plan for PSR 
Saturday: basketball games for all 3
Sunday: Teach PSR, church, Pat Catan's Craft class for kids (maybe)

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

I have been trying new recipes in the kitchen including a yummy pork fried rice that I made last night for dinner. I will share the recipe later this week. 
 
Looking around the house:::

House doesn't look too bad. Ben left some toys on the coffee table.  Kitchen has a few dishes out from breakfast and I need to put the onions and grapes away from my trip to the store. LOL 


From the camera:::
The kids made a snowman Saturday afternoon while there was still snow on the ground. Of course by Sunday morning it's head had fallen off and by Sunday night it weighed significantly less. LOL







On my prayer list:::
My hubby as he searches for a new job. My brother as he is narrowing down his college choices and is hoping to make the right decision. My neighbor who is battling cancer. For all those affected by the flu viruses going around now.  

Bible verse, Devotional:::







Here's to a great Monday and good start to everyone's week! 

7 comments:

  1. Make sure you have your kleenex box handy with This Is Us..... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture of your kids. I want to start This is Us too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post! Your menus look good and I love the picture of the children with the snowman! Fun times! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely family. I love the basketball picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snowman! Seems like you have a super busy week ahead, hope it's a great one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading your posts but can only see them on my iPad. Some days (especially at the lake house) I can't comment because of connectivity issues but I am reading and enjoying your family's adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inspiration and great pictures. I'm running so late this week visiting everyone. I sure hope you had a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete