Monday, January 29, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday (1/29/2018)

Happy Monday-- The last Monday of January! This month seems like it has taken forever to get over and it has flown by-- if that makes any sense at all.

Our weekend was pretty busy on Saturday. We had the kids' basketball games all day and then we had friends over for dinner. My very good friend, who is more like a non-blood relative, is helping Bill with some career advice and is actually trying to give him the confidence to leave the newspaper industry. Bill seems pretty excited about the possibilities that are out there. Now we just need to get him on track. Needless to say they talked for over 2.5 hours about business stuff and didn't leave until close to 11.

Sunday, we had PSR and church. After church I took the kids over to the cafeteria as they were having coffee and doughnuts (they do this once a month. Usually we don't go, but I thought what the heck?). We came home to pick up Bill and then took a walk to enjoy the sunshine. Bill had to head to work and I headed to the kitchen when we got home to make tonight's dinner as we are in and out all afternoon/evening and to make last night's dinner.

Now here we are back to Monday. I have taken the kids to school and am currently waiting for Baby A to arrive so that I can watch her. So while I am waiting I figured that I would type this up to once again participate in the Happy Homemaker Monday theme hosted by the lovely Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

So with that being said, let's get to it: 




The Weather::: Is bipolar. One day it is in the 50s, the next day it is in the teens. Crazy Ohio weather. Today it is supposed to be in the low 40s, which a chance for a snow squall later. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 23; then back up to the 40s on Wednesday. 

Right now I am::: sitting here with Baby A. She has arrived and is currently sitting on the couch next to me chewing on her baby toys. 

Thinking::: I am thinking about what I need to get done today. I am so behind on laundry.    

On my reading pile:::






On my TV::: I finished The Crown last week; I can't wait for the next season. I am looking for another series to watch. I tried watching "This is Us" but I just can't get into it very well. I currently have "Moana" on TV trying to keep the interest of Baby A. I love the music in it, so that helps. 

My simple pleasure::: Watching my kiddos play sports and improve their game. Ben loves playing with the other kids. Jacob is getting really good on defense. And on Saturday Rebecca made her first basketball shot! 





On the menu for this week:::

Monday - pasta bake
Tuesday - scrambled eggs, toast, sausage, fruit
Wednesday - Mississippi style pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans  Thursday - hot dogs and macaroni and cheese
Friday - Pizza rolls and fruit
Saturday - Dinner with friends--I'm taking dessert
Sunday - Super Bowl food--wings, potato skins, chicken nuggets for kids, chips, raw veggies and dip

On my to do list:::
For today: Kids to school, babysit A, tutor P, Ben to speech, all 3 kids have basketball practice
Tuesday: Kids to school, babysit A, tutor N, Rebecca has AHG
Wednesday: Kids to school, babysit A, tutor I, trash and recycling out
Thursday: Kids to school, babysit A, Battle of the books meeting with team, tutor S and N
Friday: grocery store, make cake for Saturday 
Saturday: basketball games for all 3, dinner with friends
Sunday: Teach PSR, church, Super Bowl

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

I have been trying new recipes in the kitchen including fluffy pancakes that I made last night for dinner. I will share the recipe later next week. 
 
Looking around the house:::

House doesn't look too bad. Living room is cleaned up. There are some dishes in the kitchen to put away from last night. Other than that not too shabby.


From the camera:::

On our family walk yesterday the kids ran up ahead and pretended to be asleep when we caught up to them. LOL Silly kiddos. 



Later we caught the cats really sleeping together at the foot of our bed. They we snuggling with each other. So cute! 


On my prayer list:::
My hubby as he searches for a new job. My brother as he is narrowing down his college choices and is hoping to make the right decision. My neighbor who is battling cancer. For all those affected by the flu viruses going around now.  

Bible verse, Devotional:::



Here's to a great Monday and good start to everyone's week! 

8 comments:

  1. Aw, your cats are so cute. Their markings remind me of our first cat although she would never have snuggled with another cat, not her style. Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will find them asleep in the same area at least once or twice a week. But it unusual to see them sleeping cuddled with each other. LOl

      Delete
  2. Hello!
    Happy Monday!
    Your weekend sounds lovely.
    And I like the looks of your menu...I just had scrambled eggs with cheese, spinach, and ham for lunch. : )
    Have a cozy Monday evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to make scrambled eggs with onions and peppers and then top with spicy salsa. Yummy! Make a quick and easy breakfast, lunch or dinner.

      Delete
  3. I hope you're having a great day.
    Tabby cats are my absolute favorite!
    Moana was a great movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to your hubby. Making a big career change can be difficult. Probably the hardest part is making the decision to leave what you've been doing for so long. My hubby did that plus we moved at the same time. I won't lie, it's been rough, but he finally got a job that he likes and it's totally different from the work he did his whole life. Instead of being in a windowless factory for 10 hours a day, he's now working outdoors doing grounds keeping. He works alone most of the time and loves it. No manufacturing schedules, reports to write, personnel issues, etc. I can tell he's happier and he's finally making a decent wage, plus he feels appreciated which is wonderful. I wish Bill all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picture of your kids. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN pictures. I hope you had a GREAT week. The week just got away from me and I'm so late visiting.

    ReplyDelete