Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Weigh In Wednesday #4 of 2018



Happy Wednesday!  I saw the above picture on Facebook earlier this week and thought I would share. I feel like this describes my feeling right about now. LOL Stress is the name of the game around here I suppose. Something that I have to deal with and not with food, which this past week has been difficult to do.

On a completely different note, can I also say that the changing temperatures everyday isn't helping. One day it is 60 degrees and then the next it is in the 20s. Crazy weather also lends to eating as I crave comfort food and sugar when the weather is colder. 

Anyhow--- let's get on to see where the weight stands this week....



Official Starting Weight (1/3/18): 241.0
My weight last week: 235.6
My weight this week: 236.8
Weight loss from last week: +1.2
Total weight loss for 2018: -4.2 pounds! 

Yeah, not a good week at all. I ate out 3 times, poor planning, too much snacking, too much stress eating. It all added up. I know what I did wrong.  Now I need to fix it this week. 

Source

On the exercise front: I mentioned in my 2018 goals post that I wanted to walk 3 days a week. Since there are 52 weeks in a year, that means my goal is to walk 156 times over the course of the year. 

This week, I was able to get in a couple good walks. Sunday we took a family walk in the snow/slush and walked 1.98 miles. That workout wore me out as I had to walk carefully so as not to fall or slip on the ice/slush/snow. 




Monday, Bill and I took advantage of the warmer weather (it was 60 degrees!) and walked 2.47 miles at the park. It was wet and there was some standing water where the snow melted but it felt great to get outside and breathe fresh air.


So that means I am at 4 out of 156 workout walks completed for the year! 

So that was this week's Weigh In Wednesday. If you are trying to lose weight or get healthier, how is your journey going so far?




8 comments:

  1. Don't give up! Keeping making changes one day at a time :) I've been struggling to get the exercise in. That is a change I need to make...

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to make better good choices, my friend.
    It isn't easy!
    But today at Wendy's, I got a side salad and a small plain burger.
    I really wanted fries, lol!!!!
    Keep it up! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job at Wendy's! I gave up fast food so haven't had any, but Wendy's does sound good. LOL Keep up the good choices.

      Delete
  3. Oh it's so hard. Good thing you're not a lunch lady. We served chicken tenders with a hash brown and mini waffles today. I brought my own healthy lunch. I've been doing good so far. I had a strong urge to eat a piece of chocolate, but I had grapes instead. I hope to have my first pound off by Friday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job Lorraine! I know my mom always says she would eat better if she could. She retired after being the cafeteria supervisor for a private school and now does sub kitchen work for the city schools.

      Delete
  4. It;s been a bad week for me as well. I've been at the mercy of a cafe in the building I have training and haven't planned well. I vowed not to get on the scale until February, then I start hard again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate being at mercy of others for my food choices. Hopefully, you can get back on track.

      Delete