Sunday, January 7, 2018

Nature Scenes for January 7, 2018: Frozen waterfalls

Last year, I started a new series of posts offering a look at the natural world that I had experienced that week. Here is what I wrote about them last year:

Sunday is meant to be a day of rest and relaxation and one of the ways that I rest is to spend time in Nature. I try to spend a least a little bit of time in nature each week. I have decided that I will use Sundays to share the photos of my nature adventures each week just as a way to relax and share the beauty that is God's creation with all. I hope you enjoy!

I really enjoyed these posts as it was also extra motivation for me to get out and take a walk which helps with the stress and weight loss. It also meant that I had to slow down and take in what was around me. Win-win all around, so I have decided to bring them back for 2018. 

This week our temperatures, like a lot of the country, has been way too cold to be outside. We have had negative wind chills and below zero actual temperatures. Not good for getting out. However, I was feeling cabin fever on Saturday (and it was a balmy 10 degrees LOL)so I had everyone bundle up and we headed out to Honey Run Waterfalls to see what it looked like in winter. All I can say is it was beautiful!

Photos from January 6, 2018 at Honey Run Waterfalls

Frozen Honey Run Waterfalls

From a distance

Part of the park

Animal tracks in the snow

Part of the park

This is actually looking at the Kokosing River--- frozen in some spots and snow covered


I hope everyone has an enjoyable, warm Sunday and that you get to spend some time in nature!  

  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! That frozen waterfall is so impressive! Glad you were brave enough to get out - I've been hibernating so I will live vicariously through you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so peaceful and beautiful about frozen waterfalls isn't there? Such beautiful pictures! Glad you beat the cabin fever on a balmy (lol) 10 degree day.

    ReplyDelete