Wednesday, November 11, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude- Day 11: Veterans

As I shared, for the month of November, I am going to try to post at least 1 thing each day that I am thankful for. I invite each of you to do the same, either on your own blogs or in the comments section. I hope that it will help me to see that I have a lots of things to be thankful for....


DAY 11: 

Today I am thankful for all those men and women who have served in the military so that I am able to live in a free country. I live in a country that allows freedom of speech and of religion, among other liberties. I am free to work, to wear pants, to vote, to go to the church of my choosing due to the sacrifices that Veterans made in the past. I am free to be mad at the new minimalist Starbucks coffee cup and to express that opinion on social media if I wanted to because of our Veterans. (Just so you know, I could care less about what Starbucks puts on their coffee cups....people need to get over it, as there are bigger issues in this world.) 



Today is Veteran's Day in the USA, and I for one am grateful for all the sacrifices that these Veterans made so that I can raise my children in what I believe is a great nation. 

If you are joining in with being thankful....what are you thankful for today? 




3 comments:

  1. About Starbucks brouhaha, how does plain red deny Christmas? (rhetorical)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I am with you on that one. There are bigger issues in this world than what they do or do not put on their cups. Personally, I like the minimalistic cups...but that is just me. I don't drink coffee anyways.

      Delete
  2. I too, a, grateful to all that served.

    ReplyDelete