Thursday, November 5, 2015

30 Days of Gratitude- Day 5: Good music

As I shared, for the month of November, I am going to try to post at least 1 thing each day that I am thankful for. I invite each of you to do the same, either on your own blogs or in the comments section. I hope that it will help me to see that I have a lots of things to be thankful for....


DAY 5: 
Today I am grateful for good music!

Last night, I was watching the CMA awards, instead of doing cleaning and some things that I needed to do (I was gone to work and other engagements until almost 7:30 so I was tired after I got the kids put to bed). I was reminded of the kind of country music that I like--that which reminds me of old school country. Many of the acts sounded very much like pop music to me. However there were a couple acts that stood out to me. The first was the collaboration of Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton...All I can say is their performance was AWESOME!  



The other act that stood out to me was old school Reba and Brooks and Dunn. This was old school country, the music that I grew up listening to and I consider to be country. Great performance by legends! 






It reminded me that there is still good music out there that is soulful and speaks to me. So today I have had a rare day at home and I have used the time to clean house and do some things that have been bugging me, like laundry, all the while having some good music in the background instead of the TV. 



Did you watch the CMA Awards last night? If you did, what did you think?
 Do you like country music? 
If you are joining in with being thankful....what are you thankful for today? 




2 comments:

  1. Music! Me too! Kept me going in the summer during 60 minute daily walks. (Netflix is my distraction during winter treadmill time)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big CW fan so I didn't watch it at all, though I also don't watch the Grammy's either. I can listen to all genre's of music and I do appreciate good voices regardless of their type of music, but at heart I am a jazz freak. Give me a walking bass line and a little bebop and I am in heaven.

    ReplyDelete